Chapter 7

*Laura's POV*

They beat me. They beat me until I couldn't stand or blink. I needed my inhaler, they kicked it away. I couldn't breathe. I felt like this was going to be the end of my life, I felt like I was going to die.

"Please leave me alone." I moaned. They kept kicking me, but Johnson and Shawn were just standing there, amazed. I thought they were going to look after me. They lied... Dickheads. I couldn't see, my eyes were getting blurry. Tears were streaming down my face from pain.

"Not until you give us your lunch money." Gilinsky said. I pulled out my $15 out of my pocket and threw it on the ground. Our family wasn't the richest either. They finally stopped kicking me and left me there, dying.

- After School -

I was scared, I felt lonely. The boys would always give me glares during school. I quickly ran home, just when the bell rang. I couldn't take this anymore. I needed this makeover, I don't want, I need. I ran to my house and opened the door. I sat on the couch and waited, waited for Lucas to come and pick me up. His adopted parents gave him a convertible and he ran away using it.

I suddenly heard the door open, and a loud male gasp.

"What happened to you?" Lucas asked me worriedly. He ran over to me and gently felt my cheeks with his thumb. I could feel the tears welling up and one of them escaped.

"The-they beat me agai-again." I stuttered, I was shivering from remembering the horrid memory of them kicking and torturing me. I cried harder, Lucas suddenly embraced me for a tight hug. We stayed in that position for a while.

"This is why we need that makeover. It was be like extreme makeover but person edition." He laughed. I giggled and smiled, he smiled back. His jokes are just the worst...

"Let's get our asses to the mall then." I said cheerly. Hopefully I don't see 'them' there...

- After the drive -

I ran into the mall. The doors slid open for me. I was excited for my final look. I walked over to the hairdressers, my arm was hooked with Lucas's arm, I finally felt safe.

"Hi, how can I help you?" This young lady said as we walked to the counter. She had beautiful ombré hair that was tied into braids.

"I am." I smiled sweetly.

"So, how would you like you hair today, miss?" She asked me as she took me to the sink and washed my hair.

"Can I get hair extensions and my whole hair dyed blonde?" I asked, making my decision.

"You have lovely hair." the lady complimented me. I looked at her name tag, her name was Polly.

"Thanks Polly. I love your ombré braids too." I replied back sweetly.

- After Hairdressers -

"Here is your final product!" Polly announced excitedly. she squealed alottle bit when she revealed the pale long blonde hair under the towel. I was amazed I looked so different.

"Omg, thank you." I squealed as I have her a tight hug.

"No problem." She smiled. Lucas went over to the counter and paid. I thanked her again and Lucas held my hand protectively as we walked out.

"Can I get a tattoo?" I asked Lucas, he looked at me in disbelief that I just said that. I sighed quietly, let's do this for dad.

"Do you really? What kind?" He asked me, I nodded and told him what I wanted. He agreed and we walked to the tattoo shop and sat down.

"Can I get a infinity sign on the inside of my left wrist?" I asked the man who was going to draw my tattoo. He nodded and gave me a small wink, he was quite young to be working here. I think he was around 18 years old.

*Lucas's POV*

Her eyes gazed into mine, she was worried. Her eyes were intelligent bright blue, which reminded me very much of the sea for although they were now calm and peaceful they had tints of violet, grey, green and black which showed they could change color in accordance to her mood, unlike my blue dull eyes. They appeared big in her pointed sensitive face which was framed with a tumble of pale straight hair that fell in a cascade past her shoulders. She was of average height as far as I could judge, and slim. Her skin was golden tan and she wore a faded white crop top with black jeans.

She now looks nothing like me, she doesn't even look related to me even if we are twins. I liked the old her, but she hated the old her. I liked her old personality when she was fun and crazy, but after she got bullied she became quiet and insecure. The boys had changed her, they changed everything I liked about her and I hated them for that. They hurt her until she couldn't move, she always had problems but I guess they made it worse.

I just think she is beautiful... In a brotherly way, I am proud of how brave she has been.

*Laura's POV*

Lucas has been staring at me for a while, he was staring into me as if he could see my secrets and insecurities. I waved my tattooed hand in front of his face, he suddenly stepped back, surprised when he stopped daydreaming. I giggled at his expression, he looked away hiding his face until he stopped blushing.

"Let's go." I said, he just nodded and took my non-tattooed hand. We walked back to his car, quietly. I was sweating and shivering on what would happen if the boys saw me like this... Would they laugh and keep bullying me? Or would they stop and revised what they had made me do, I had no choice but to change my appearance. They judged me too much so I became insecure on how I looked like.

"Do you want to go get some Starbucks?" Lucas asked me, I looked at him pretending to be surprised. He looked back at me, confused.

"I thought you would never ask." I giggled, he just laughed and we drive to Starbucks. This is a new beginning for me, even if it's in the same place. I can change the way I act since I look different. I hope they like it and leave me alone...

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!