CHAPTER 3

Simon was still hugging me tightly. I let go of him, and he turned his face up to look at me. I cupped his face, and I was looking at him with a sympathetic look.

"I want to look at Simon, not Ghost, right now. But I won't pressure you."

He hesitated a bit, but he nodded to me slowly. I started taking it off, and he never broke eye contact with me or stopped hugging me. I took it off and placed it on my desk.

I looked back at him. And I just stared. I've missed this face. His face. I put my hand back on his cheek, and I just caressed them while making eye contact. After a few seconds, I ran my hand through his short, brown hair.

"You changed your hair." I said softly.

"On accident." He said that, and he smiled a bit.

"I like it. It suits you, Simon."

"It looks awful. Don't lie."

"I would never lie to you."

"I know."

I smiled at him. I sighed, and then I put my forehead over his, our noses touching each other.

"I've missed you so much, Simon." I said, and I felt more tears escaping. I hate showing this side of myself. It makes me look weak, but with Simon, I am not scared. He will never judge me, and he will never take advantage of my weakness.

"I know." He said. And I knew that behind these two words, there was something bigger. It was his way of telling me that he missed me too, without saying it.

It was an intimate moment between two friends who hadn't seen each other for a long time. If I could stay like this, I would, but a knock on the door cut it short.

Simon let go of me quickly, and I took a few steps to my left. "Who is it?" I asked while I gave Ghost his mask.

"Ήθελα να δω αν έχεις φάει, Lily." ("I wanted to make sure that you ate, Lily.") Stavros said in Greek.

I went and opened the door. "Ναι εχω φάει μην ανησυχείς. Θες κάτι άλλο?" ("Yeah, I ate, don't worry. Do you need something else?")

He was looking at me, and then he nodded and left. I turned back to look at Simon. He was coming to the door.

"Want some Bourbon? I think there's still some from last time."

"The one we opened?" He said he was looking at me, and I knew he had raised his eyebrow.

"It's not like it goes bad, is it?" I said that and opened the door for him.

"It does go bad." He said I was exiting my office.

"Fun fact of the day, I guess." I said while locking my door.

We walked to the rec room. That's where we keep our alcohol. We don't have anywhere else to store it. Except for our rooms, of course. I poured some Bourbon into one of the glasses and gave it to Simon.

"Try it."

"Is it poisoned?"

"Yes. Now drink it and tell me if you like it or if I should open something else."

He rolled his eyes and drank it. "I've had better." He said that and went to sit on the couch.

"Whatever." I said, taking my glass and the bottle with me and going to sit next to him on his right, cross-legged. "Where are the others?"

"Johnny was showing off how much he can lift." He said that and took a sip of his drink.

"Typical MacTavish." I laughed and took a sip of my drink. I need some alcohol in my system right now. "Showing off to who?" I asked.