CHAPTER 4

After we ate, I ordered us something to drink too. Everything was amazing. I mean the food, the drinks, Alejandro, everything. We stayed there for, like, three hours! I didn't even notice how fast the time passed.

I asked for the bill, and I was willing to pay for everything, but Alejandro didn't let me. But I also couldn't let him pay for everything. So we ended up splitting it. Before we exited the restaurant, Alejandro opened the door for me, like the gentleman he is, and told me to get out first.

We were walking to my car when he spoke. "So what now?"

"It's a Friday night, so the streets are full of traffic right now, and it will take us more than two hours to get back to base. If you want, we can go back to my place. I have a spare room, so don't worry. But I can take you back to base if that's what you want." I said, and I was now in front of my door.

"Your house it is, then." He said so, and we got in.

My apartment is fifteen minutes from here on a good day, but now it took us around thirty minutes to get there because of the traffic.

We got into my house, and Evie came to greet us. She rubbed her head on my legs, and I brought her to my hands and started kissing her. Alejandro closed the door behind us. I turned and looked at him, and he walked closer to where I and Evie were. He gave her his hand, and she started smelling him. I just stood there with a cat in my arms, mesmerized. He was looking at my cat, and he was smiling. He suddenly looked at me.

I promise you, I can look into his brown eyes for an eternity. When I look at him, it feels like we are the only ones on this planet. I don't know how to describe it! Maybe something like home? I don't know.

I cleared my throat and put down the cat. "Uhm, I'm going to get your room ready. Make yourself at home, and I'll be back in a few minutes."

I went to the spare room that I have. Is right next to mine. I started fixing the bed when a thought popped into my head. What will it be like to kiss him? I stopped what I was doing and shook my head. Ellie, you have an upcoming mission; you can't think like that right now! And you, most importantly, can't be involved in that way with Alejandro. You know what? My inner voice is right. I can't do such a thing. As much as I would love to kiss him, I can't. We are just colleagues.

I finished with the room and turned around, and he was standing in the doorframe, folding his arms around his chest. Lord, have mercy. I walked closer to him. "It's ready if you want to use it." Now I was inches away from him. "There are some clothes that you can use in the wardrobe. If you see any masks, just ignore them. They are Ghosts."

"Ghost has been here."

"Many times. He also has a key."

"So he comes whenever he wants?"

"Yes. And it's not always a good thing. He likes to scare me. And most of the time he comes unannounced."

"There's a chance for him to come tonight?"

"No, no. I know he is not coming tonight." He just nodded. "Why are you asking?"

"Just wondering. That's all."

"Well, uhm, I'm going to bed. Good night, Alejandro." I said that and walked past him. When I was about to enter my room, he caught my wrist. I turned and looked at him.

"I wanted to tell you this the moment I saw you." He started.

"What? You can tell me."

"Mierda. Right, uhm, you looked very pretty today. Not like the other days you didn't, but, uh, you know. Today was different." He said that, and I could see that he blushed.