CHAPTER 14

Sleeping with Simon is something I really love. He is so big. Like a big bear. The way I fit in his arms. The way his arms hold me. It's something so soothing and amazing. I feel safe in his arms. If you guessed that I and Simon slept on my hospital bed, then you are correct. We talked for a bit more, and then we fell asleep in each other's arms. He was exhausted. From both the mission and the excessive hours of travelling.

Simon's breath and heartbeat were in a normal and calming rhythm. Which means that he is awake right now. I still had my leg between his and my head resting on his chest. Now my right hand was also hugging him. I opened my eyes slowly and then moved my head to look at Simon. He was already looking at me. He gave me a small smile, and I gave him one in return.

"How long have you been awake, Simon?" I asked, and the fact that I had just woken up was evident in my voice.

"A few hours." He answered in his deep Mancunian accent.

"Do you at least feel rested? You never sleep too much."

"You know I'm used to it... I feel better than I did last night."

"If you say so, Simon." I saw that he was about to say something to me, but he was cut off by a knock at the door.

Simon grabbed his mask and put it on quickly. I moved from his body, and he got off the hospital bed. He walked to the door and opened it. "Captain." Simon greeted Price.

"Simon, we are about to interrogate Valeria. Why don't you go to the interrogation room and wait for me and Ellie?"

Simon looked at me like he was waiting for permission from me. So I nodded, and he walked out of the room. Price closed the door and started walking close to me. He held a bag in his right hand. "How are you, soldier?"

"I've been better, Captain. But it's not something I can't manage." I gave him a small smile. "You said that I'd be in the interrogation room too, Cap?"

He placed the bag on the bed and then looked at me. "You'll be the one interrogating her. You've been the closest to her. You know how she works. If she doesn't talk, one of us will make her talk."

I nodded. "She thinks I'm dead. It'll be a nice surprise when she'll see me again." I looked at the bag. "What's in the bag?"

"Some of your clothes Laswell asked me to give them to you."

"Finally. Something else from PJs." I joked, but Price only gave me a small smile.

"I'll wait for you outside, Ellie."

"Yes, Sir."

/~/

Price and I were now walking into the interrogation room. The clothes Kate gave me were khaki cargos and a black shirt. I also wore my boots and a knife holster on my right leg.

My wound hurt me when I walked. It wasn't very painful, but it stung enough.

I saw that Price was slowing down, which meant that we were almost there. I won't lie. I was a bit breathless. So I put my hand on the wall to my left and leaned on it. My other and went to my wound. I took deep breaths to calm down and make my breath steady again.

I felt Price's hand on my shoulder. "You can go back to your room and rest if it hurts too much, Ellie. You don't have to do this if you believe that you can't."

I looked at the captain. "I'll be fine. It's the first time I've walked this much. That's all."

"You know that it's okay to hurt from time to time, right? No one will judge you."

"And show that a little bullet made me unable to interrogate someone? Sorry, Captain, but I can't do that. Everyone in this place will think I'm weak. I won't give them satisfaction."