𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆

You watched through Tara's kitchen window as she hesitantly answered the phone with an annoyed look on her face.

"Hello?" she sighed.

Currently, you were hiding in the bushes with your ghostface costume on. You could barely breathe with this damn mask on, but you would manage. Your girlfriend, Amber, was wearing a ghostface costume too, also crouched beside you in the bushes, waiting for your signal for her to strike Tara.

You are usually the one to call up your victims, and Amber does the killing, but you often switch so you both get to have a little fun. Your other partner, Richie, is yours and Ambers little lapdog. You all agreed that he would follow your orders as long as he was the one who got to kill Sam, his 'girlfriend' who is
Tara's sister.

When Tara answered, you quickly switched on the voice changer.

"Hello" you spoke menacingly. You were gonna have fun with this one and pretend you were her mothers friend.

"Uh, is Christina there?" you questioned Tara.

"No, she's not available, may I take a message?" Tara answered almost immediately.

"I, uh..I-yeah, sorry, i'm a friend of hers from group from her- oh shit" you stuttered on purpose.

"From her shit?" Tara questioned, you watched a smile creep on her face.

"Look, just uh..tell her i'm from group. I'm Charlie, she's got my number"

While you and Tara were talking, Amber and Tara were originally texting. Amber got a notification.

She read it the message and typed back, then she turned her phone to you so you could read it.

Tara:
"Dude, I think this is my moms new BF"

Amber:
"Seriously??"

Amber giggled quietly beside you, and you put a finger to your mask as if to silence her.

You and Tara were on the subject about scary movies, she said her favourite was The Babadook and then rambled on saying how it was 'elevated horror'. She paced around her kitchen as she spoke. She looked like she was currently cooking something on the stove, and the sight even made you hungry.

"Have you ever seen 'Stab'?" you asked the girl on the phone.

She paused before she spoke "Once, I think? At a sleepover when I was like, 12"

You scoffed in disbelief. "You live in Woodsboro, and you don't know Stab? Your mother loves that movie! She talks about it all the time in group" this information was new to you, so your surprised reaction was real.

"How well do you remember the original?" you asked.

There was a slight 'shing' noise from the other end, like she was putting a knife back into the block "I dunno, I mean it was like, super 90's"

"Do you remember the beginning?"

"Not really. I mean it started with the kill scene right? It always started with the kill scene" she wandered around her kitchen some more.

"Yeah, that's right. That's right" Now things were getting started.

"It's about a girl, home alone. She answers a wrong number and starts talking with the killer, who makes her play a game" Tara slowed her walking, then eventually stopped in the middle of her kitchen as she caught onto what you were hinting.