CHAPTER 19

[Shadow's pov]

"Hi, Shads!" Sonic greeted me.

i noticed that Ruby has never left Sonic's side ever since we brought Sonic to the hospital.

"You don't look well.." i told him.

"im okay, don't worry!" i can tell that was a lie.. but i decided not to annoy him about.

"do you need anything atleast?" i asked.

i can tell he hesitated because he didn't say anything.

"i'll go get you some food. you're probably starving." i said.

[Sonic's pov]

"thanks, Shadow..."

i thought the cat would follow him but she stayed.

...

"Ruby?" i called her name and she looked at me...

... hm... "can you understand me?" I've really gone insane, haven't i?
im asking a cat if she could even understand me...

as i say that... she meows and just looks at me as if waiting for something...

i sighed and looked back at her... "while I was in that forest... the time i lost hope... i thought to myself... what's the point of even living anymore...?" i paused for a bit, trying to hold back some tears...

"i've never wanted to die so bad that time... I've just had enough of him... maybe this was really his plan... to make me feel this way... well, he succeeded." i paused again..

"what am i doing?? you're just a cat... you probably wouldn't care..." i say and Ruby suddenly licked my hand.

she rubbed herself into my chest as if she was trying to tell me something... she was purring loudly as she lied down on my lap...

did she really understand all that...?

[Shadow's pov]

i was just behind the door and i heard everything he said...

he just needed someone to talk to... i could've helped him but he probably wouldn't tell me anything anyway..

i sighed and decided to ask him about this.

i opened the door and Sonic immediately wiped his tears away.

"h-hey, Shadow.." he didn't sound as cheerful as earlier...

he sounded like he was trying to pretend that he's happy but he's not.

i went next to him and held his hand.

"are you really okay?" i asked..

before he could even say another lie i cut him off "you don't have to lie to me. i heard everything you said earlier."

[Sonic's pov]

i shouldn't have said anything...

"you don't have to explain everything. i just want to know if you're okay because if you aren't, im here to help you out." Shadow said...

...

"no. im not." i answered him.

he suddenly hugged me tightly... i hugged him back...

"unlike some people, you still have your friends and family with you. they wouldn't be happy to see that you're gone..."

i tried to hold back my tears but...

"it's okay to cry, Sonic. crying doesn't mean you're weak. im here to help you with whatever you're going through..."

i cried as i hugged him for about 10 minutes. i finally calmed myself down... "Thank you, Shadow..."