CHAPTER 9

[Shadow's pov]

Maria called me and said we should meet up.

she told me to go to the park and wait for her there.

as i was waiting, i saw Sonic running in the distance while a little  girl was chasing him... i noticed that Sonic looked very angry.

i decided to go see what was going on. i chaos controlled myself infront  of Sonic and he stopped running.

"what's going on??" i asked. he just growled at me.

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, SHADOW." he sounded really furious so i just left him alone...

i didn't think someone like him could get so furious. the little girl kept chasing him and trying to stop him.

what was going on???

I went back to the park and saw Maria waiting for me.

"oh, there you are!" she said cheerfully.

"how long have you been waiting here?" i asked.

"hmm... not so long ago!" she answered and i sat next to her.

we didn't really do much, we just talked about our lives and stuff. though... i still wanna know... what happened with Sonic?

me and Maria went home when the sun was setting, i took out my phone and texted Knuckles.

Shadow: hey knux, could you take care of Ruby for now?

Knuckles: what's wrong?

Shadow: i just gotta go somewhere.

Knuckles: alright, brother. be careful.

i put my phone back in my pocket and ran to where Sonic ran earlier.

[Tails' pov]

as i was looking for my siblings i didn't notice that a car was about to hit me but thankfully someone saved me.

i looked up to see who saved me...

"Knuckles?!" i said and he looked at me.

"Tails?" he was confused as well. Knuckles and i have been friends for a long time but we also haven't seen each other in a long time.

[Knuckles' pov]

"what the hell were you doing, not looking left and right before crossing?!?" i yelled.

"oh, uhh... sorry about that!" he said as i put him down.

"wow, you've grown." i said. he's always been small but now he's not that small anymore.

"well i have to go home, i have a cat to take care of." i said.

"alright! thanks for saving me by the way!!" he yelled as i walked home.

[Eggman's pov]

where are they??? what's taking them so long?

"orbot! cubot!!" i called out for my two useless robots.

"yes doctor?" orbot said while cubot was running in circles..

"i need to know where the location of my children are!" i yelled at them.

orbot showed me a screen, showing a map and where my children are. i was trying to get a good look but cubot pushed orbot and the screen disappeared.

"PUT THE SCREEN BACK YOU FOOLS!!!" orbot puts the screen back and i looked again.

it showed where Tails and Sage were.... but it didn't show where Sonic is...

where is he..??