CHAPTER 10

[Shadow's pov]

they couldn't have gone far that fast, right??? im sure Sonic's just around here somewhere..

as i said that i saw Sonic sitting on the ground in the middle of a forest as the little girl was seemingly trying to calm him down....

i walked up to them and placed a hand on Sonic's shoulder and i crouched down.

"are you..."

[Sonic's pov]

"..okay..?" Shadow asked...

what was i thinking...?
i knew it would be bad but i thought of it anyway. Sage and Shadow were trying to calm me down while tears just kept falling from my eyes.

"im fine..." i answered. "thanks.." i added.

"you two need to get home. it's getting late." Shadow said as he got up and held his hand out to help me up.

i took his hand and got up. i wiped my tears away and i noticed Sage walked up to Shadow. she held her hand up for a handshake.

"Thank you for your help, sir Shadow." Sage said and Shadow shook Sage's hand.

"no problem." Shadow answered.

[Knuckles' pov]

i was feeding the cat and i noticed that Shadow was finally back.

"hey, brother!" i greeted him and he waves at me then he goes to his room.

i continued feeding the cat and when i got done i carried the cat back to Shadow's room and saw that he was already asleep..

'must've been a long day for him..' i thought to myself. as i closed the door and went to my room. i decided to just take a nap too because its still too early to make dinner.

i took out my phone and did whatever the hell i can, waiting for myself to fall asleep.

[Eggman's pov]

i sent orbot and cubot to go look for Sonic and Sage because Tails had already gotten home but the two of them hadn't.

i sat on the couch with Tails... im getting worried...

suddenly, a portal appeared infront of our front door. Sage came out of the portal along with Sonic, carrying orbot and cubot as the two robots argue.

"i found him first!" cubot yelled.

"no i did!" orbot yelled as well.

"will you two stop??" Sonic said.

"that guy started it!!" orbot and cubot said as they pointed at each other.

Sonic just drops the two of them and walked towards me.

"hi, dad!" he greeted me.

i looked behind Sonic and just saw Sage leading the two arguing robots into another room. i then looked back at Sonic.

"where have you been?" i asked.

"just been running around like usual." Sonic answered then he went to his room.

"something's off about him." i said quietly.

"yeah..." Tails answered.

i wonder what it is.