CHAPTER 16

[Shadow's pov]

i decided not to sleep because i couldn't anyway. it was dark but i still went to go look for Sonic and Ruby...

i made sure that i had the emerald with me so i can just teleport when i get lost.

i kept searching until i suddenly heard a noise... i looked around but there was no one. i ignored it but the noises came back..

"hello?" i tried to see if they would respond but of course they wouldn't.

i continued what i was doing and ignored the noises.

[Sonic's pov]

i woke up... still in the same spot where i passed out... thank God Mephiles didn't find me..

i tried to get up but there was something on my back. i tried to get it out but realized it was Ruby.

"Could you get off please?" i asked the cat as if it understands me... well she actually did!

i sat up and carried Ruby in my arms. as i was petting her, i suddenly heard a noise... what if it's Mephiles...?

i quickly got up and ran as fast as i could while holding Ruby.

[Shadow's pov]

i heard someone running away... who could that be??

maybe these noises are just distractions.. i should probably ignore it.

[Tails' pov]

i opened my eyes and got up. i noticed that Shadow wasn't here... where did he go?

i was about to go look for Shadow but my phone started ringing. i answered the phone.

"hey dad."

"how have you been, my son?"

"im okay, dad. we're still looking for Sonic though..."

"alright... be careful."

"i will."

"bye, goodluck, Miles"

"thanks, dad... i'll inform you when we find him."

"okay..."

dad then ended the call. i then got up and went to look for Shadow.

[Sonic's pov]

i was even more lost now... i didn't wanna risk getting caught by that bastard again... he'll probably kill me if he did find me...

i wanna go home... i've said that so many times to myself...

i just wanna see my dad again... my siblings... i miss them.... i looked down... i was starting to feel hopeless...

there's no way i'll be able to get back home... i might die before i could even find my way home...

as i try to get rid of those thoughts, i heard Ruby meowing at me. she was meowing so loudly that i was starting to panic because what if Mephiles hears her and finds me??

i tried to tell her to stay quiet and she stopped meowing. i never knew Shadow's cat was this smart.

then... something came into my mind.. it was stupid but it was worth a try.. "can you help me, Ruby?" i asked the cat. she meows at me as if she just answered my question.

"can you help me find my way home?" i asked again and she started sniffing around... i noticed she was going towards where i heard the noise earlier...

"are you sure this is the right way..?" i asked. i feel like im starting to get annoying so i just followed her after she meows at my question.