CHAPTER 3

[Eggman's pov]

Sonic still hasn't came back...nor did Tails and Sage.

i was starting to get worried about them but then a portal suddenly opened next to me.

"hi, dad!!" Tails greeted me with a smile.

"there you three are!" i said as i hugged the three of them "where have you been?!" i asked.

"They were in the park for no reason..." Sonic said.

i noticed how tired Sonic looked. "you look tired, my child...you must've ran around and looked everywhere for these two" i said as i stroke his back.

"Im fine, don't worry about me!" Sonic said.

"well then let us eat dinner before the food gets cold!" I said as i sat down at the dining table.

[a few hours have passed...it was 2 am...]

[Sonic's pov]

i woke up at 2 am...like usual...i hate waking up so early but everytime i try to go back to sleep, i can't.

i got up and decided to go outside to get some fresh air.

i walked around the streets and looked around, there wasn't any people around cuz well...its 2 in the morning...

i sat down on a bench and looked up at the sky.

then i was startled by a meow that came from next to me..

when i looked, i saw a black cat with beautiful red eyes...

it kept meowing at me, i didn't know why.

the cat had a red collar which had a name tag on it...i took a look at the name tag and the cat's name was written on it... "Ruby"..

i looked around and noticed a poster of a missing cat, it was Ruby.

i took the cat and started to walk around again.

[Shadow's pov]

i stopped walking and i sat down on a bench in the park..

i can't find her anywhere...where could she be??

i looked at the missing poster that i was holding and i sighed.

"Ruby...where did you go..?" i said as tears started to fall from my eyes.

she was my only friend besides Maria. i don't want to lose her.

suddenly, i felt someone's hand gently pat my head.

i looked up and saw a blue hedgehog smiling at me as he placed down the cat he was holding on the bench.

"im guessing she's your cat?" he said and i looked at the cat.

it was Ruby! i could tell just by looking at her red ruby eyes.

i held her in my arms and she purred loudly.

i looked back at the blue hedgehog "thank you so much!" i said as i wiped my tears away.

"no problem!" the blue hedgehog said. "you seem tired...have you been looking around for days?"

"yes..."i said, then suddenly i realized...it was 3 in the morning...this hedgehog looked like he was 13 or 15 years old..what's he doing up so early??

"why are awake so early?" i asked him.

he looked at me confused, then he suddenly he looked surprised.

"oh crap! i forgot!!" the hedgehog said. "i gotta go back home!! bye!"

"wait-" i said but he was already far away. i sighed and looked at Ruby.

i stood up and walked home as i held Ruby.

I really hope i meet him again...