Tuesday, February 9th

Cam has been coming up with excuses for the past few days and seemed to get mad whenever I asked where he's been.

My suspicions were growing each day and nothing was helping me at all.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have "daily homework assignments" from Mrs. Dale. I mean, yeah, the lady can be a bitch sometimes, but she can't be that strict.

But then again, I don't push it and hope that my assumptions are lies.

Everyone was hanging out today after school and we decided to go to the coffee shop where we met Jasmine.

Cam seemed to hesitate, but agreed to come along anyway.

We were all at the coffee shop right now. I had offered to pay for everything and the others seemed to disagree at first, but then agreed when I insisted.

So, here we are, seated in the shop, waiting for our food to be served.

Cam wasn't here yet, so of course, the others asked about our relationship.

"El?" Jack asked and I looked up from my phone, "How are you and Cameron doing?"

My breathing hitched and I looked at Jack, "We're doing... Fine?" My response came out more of a question than a statement, and that was when the others realized I didn't know something.

At that moment, Cameron walks over to the table and joins us... Except he didn't greet me properly. All he said- well, mumbled- was "Hey El."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him. He wouldn't even look me in the eyes.

The others were looking at him in shock. It took a few moments until they all decided to leave him alone.

"So, uh, Cam.." I trailed off and he looked up at me, looking me in the eyes for the first time since he's gotten here.

"Where- Where'd you go?" I asked, figuring he wouldn't be able to snap at me while we were out in public.

He looked away from me for a few seconds before looking at me again, but this time, with anger clear in his eyes.

"I told you, I was doing homework. You know how Mrs. Dale is," he says, trying to keep his voice low.

That's where I stopped. I decided not to push it because he would end up causing a scene in this small shop.

*

After I paid for everything, we all parted ways. I went with Cameron though.

When I had announced that I was going with him, he looked upset, but didn't argue. What's up with him?

He was waiting for me outside and when I looked, he was talking to someone on the phone.

After saying bye to the others, I walked over to him.

Cam's P.O.V

"No, Sophie, I can't. Ella is going home with me, but I'll try to think of an excuse." I replied to Sophie. She wanted me to come over but I couldn't, since Ella was coming with me.

"Cam?" I heard Ella behind me so I quickly said bye to Sophie and hung up before turning around.

"Hey, baby," I said, smiling. She looked at me with slightly furrowed eyebrows. I could tell she knew something was up.

My heart was speeding up slowly as I looked at her right in the eyes.

"Y-you ready to go?" I stammered and the look on her face was intimidating.

After a few seconds, she sighed heavily and nodded. I took her hand in mine and she stared at our hands before smiling at me.

The smile was clearly a false smile.

We walked to my car and I drove her to her house, hoping she would not insist to come along with me.

The ride was quiet and tension was clear between us both. I was getting nervous because a really quiet Ella was bad.

What if she knew?

I gulped and focused on the road, driving towards her house.

Before I could kiss her and say goodbye, she just got out and quickly walked over to the front door and slammed it shut, leaving me there in my car, stunned.

Instead of following her, like I used to, I just pulled out my phone and texted her a "what's wrong?" and "call me up when you get this," before driving away.

When I got home, I expected a phone call from Ella, but instead, I got one from Sophie.

"Cam, are you home?" She asks as soon as I answered, "Yeah, but I'm waiting for Ella to call me back."

Silence was heard on the other line for a few moments until she spoke up again. "Call you back?" she repeats.

"Yeah. She seemed kind of upset when I arrived at the coffee shop to hang out with her and the others," I explained.

"Mhm.. Do you think she knows?" "I don't know.. I hope not, honestly."

Sophie was being quiet most of the time during the phone call. "Same here. She's really nice and seems cool, I don't want my friendship with her.." she says.

A sigh escapes my lips.

She should know that their friendship will be ruined.

And it's going to be completely my fault that Ella and Sophie will both be broken.

Jeez, I'm such a horrible person...