Saturday February 26th

Ella's P.O.V

Another boring day, of course.

I was just in my room, scrolling through Instagram until I received a call from Lauren.

"Hey, El!" She greets cheerfully, causing me to chuckle. "Hey, Lauren."

"Do you have anything to do today?" She asks and I hear someone whisper something to her, "Nah. Just the usual boring day, y'know."

She hums before speaking, "Do you maybe want to go get something to eat with Sophie, Jasmine and I?"

"Yeah, sure. That'll be great. But where?" I asked and she was silent for a few moments.

"Uhm... We haven't been to that coffee shop down the road in a while, so how about there?" She suggests and I nod, even if she can't see me, "Sure. I'll see you girls in a bit," I said and we hung up.

I quickly got dressed into a white blouse, a dark red sweater and some jeans with my converse. Since this wasn't much of a special occasion, I just put my hair into a ponytail and light make up.

A satisfied smile was on my face as I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before exiting my bedroom and heading downstairs.

"Oh, hey.. Where you headed?" Cat asks me before I had a chance to leave, "Going out to eat with the girls," I smiled and she nodded. "Have fun! Oh, and be safe!"

Cat hasn't been leaving the house for a while and I was starting to get a little suspicious, but shrugged it off.

I left the house and entered my car, driving off to the coffee shop.

*

I entered the coffee shop and immediately spotted them.

"Hey, girls!" I smiled, taking a seat next to Jasmine.

Lauren and Jasmine were constantly glaring at Sophie the whole time and it was starting to get on my nerves.

"Okay, I need a straight up, honest answer," I paused, eyeing the three girls, "What's going on?"

They wouldn't answer me right away, so a frustrated sigh escaped my lips.

"I need a fucking answer." I said, leaning forward against the table.

Sophie looked down and Jasmine turned to face me, causing me to look at her.

My eyebrows were raised as I waited for her to speak.

"El... Sophie has something to say."

I looked at Sophie, who looked up with tears in her eyes.

"I.. I just want to apologize before I say what I need to say..."

She took a deep breath before saying - stuttering - the words that caused my breathing to hitch.

"Cameron has been ch-cheating on you.... w-with me." She said as tears fell from her eyes.

My heart sped up as I waited for them to start laughing, saying that it was a joke and that Sophie's tears were fake.

But that never happened.

I nodded slowly before standing up, starting to walk away from the table.

"Wait, Ella, where are you going?" Lauren asked with concern clear in her voice.

I turned around to look at the three of them over my shoulder, eyeing Sophie, before turning back around and out the door.

The breezy air hit my skin as I exited the shop.