Chapter 13

Slowly, your eyes fluttered open. Your head throbbed in pain. For a moment, you laid there and everything came into place. Taehyung... Taehyung did this to you. You tried sitting up but your body ached as well. It must have been when he had thrown you with such force into the wall. Still, you pushed your body to at least sit up.

You took a look around, noticing you were in a dusty place. There were a few boxes and an unorganized mess of miscellaneous items. The floor and walls seemed to be wood. In the corner was a small area hidden behind a door. Were you in an attic...? That's the only place you can think of.

Ugh, your head is still throbbing. It's making it hard to think. Besides, how long were you out unconscious? You patted yourself down and looked around. He must have taken your phone. Gathering all your strength, you slowly got up.

There was some light in here, coming from a skylight that was high up. Judging by the sun, you're assuming it's now the evening. Your parents must be worried. You slowly walked around, your body reminding you that you needed to heal. Towards the back of the attic, you found the staircase.

Just as you put your foot on the first step, the door swung open. You cringed from the light that suddenly flooded your vision, squinting, you could make out the silhouette of a person. "Oh, you're finally awake Y/N!" The familiar voice made you freeze and stumble backwards.

Your heartbeat accelerated, remembering what he just did to you earlier.

Taehyung finally climbed up the stairs, the infamous boxy smile on his face. You don't like it anymore. "I would like to apologize for earlier. You shouldn't have scared me like that." He came closer to you while you scrambled away.

"S-Stay back!" You shouted. Your eyes were focused on him, body trembling.

The sun was still setting, making the light dimmer. "Now why would I do that? I need to see you happy right now. I've come to check on you."

You finally noticed a first-aid kit in his hands. You don't want him anywhere near you. "N-No."

"No?" A sigh came from him, a slight frown on his face. "Well, okay. I'll come back tomorrow morning." Then just as he appeared, he went back down the stairs. All you can hear is the sound of the door opening and closing. It was quiet for a few moments.

Quickly as your body was able to, you rushed down the stairs and tried opening the door. It was locked. Facing reality, you let your tears fall as sobs started. What do you do? How did you get into this mess? Why is this happening to you?

Frowning, Taehyung wasn't sure if he needed to open the door. He wants to see what kind of face you would make. What did you look like when you cried? His hand reached for the lock but he stopped himself. No, you're still on the other side.

You just need to calm down for a while.

Taehyung manages to pull himself away from the door. It hurts him but he gets to see you tomorrow. And he can't wait.

With a plate of food in one of his hands and a first-aid kit in the other, he unlocks the door. He closes the door behind once he enters and ascends the stairs quietly. He stands at the top, looking around and finally spots you. Curled up into a ball in the corner, you looked vulnerable. A smile forms on his face and he walks towards you. Within a foot of you, he crouches down to set the plate on the ground.

You must sense him watching since you're stirring.

You're waking up because you do feel a presence. When your eyes open and you see someone crouching down in front of you. Startled, you move back but you collide with the wall behind you. There's nowhere to run.

"Are you feeling better, Y/N?" He asked.

You kept quiet. What was he thinking?! Of course you're not!

"I'll take that as a no." Taehyung finally said after a few moments of silence. "Do you have a wound on your head? Can I check?"

You're not sure if you do. Still, you open your mouth. "I want the first-aid kit. I'll check myself."

"How?" He asked. "It's on the back of your head, silly."

"I still want to." Your voice was firm and your expression from moments before was wiped off your face. You're determined to not have him be anywhere near you.

His tone shifts. "I need to make sure it's not infected. Let me check and I'll only ask once."

You don't like it. But you need to check the wound on your head. What if it's infected by now? Reluctantly, you nod and shift a bit so he has a bit of access. An appreciative hum comes from him. Your heart is beating loudly against your ribs and you feel so nervous.

You can't see him. You don't know what he's going to do. You can feel his fingers slightly tracing the back of your head. Then you slightly jump, feeling some type of liquid or cream being applied to your wound. At last, you feel a band-aid. He doesn't know how to treat wounds or injuries? This makes you want to turn around and lecture him.

But you can't.

Your fear of him is holding you back. "There!" Taehyung says and gently strokes the top of your head. "All done!"

Swiftly, you turn around and scoot back into your corner. You can't tell what expression is on his face. Is that... disappointment? Whatever. Huddled up in the corner, you watch silently as he moves the kit away and slides over a plate of food. You didn't even notice it.

"I don't think you've eaten since yesterday." He says. Then his eyebrows raise up in recognition. "I almost forgot, there's a half bath there." He adds, pointing to the area that's hidden behind the door.

You don't say anything.

"I'll come in half an hour since there's something we need to talk about." Taehyung finally speaks. He grabs the kit and disappears downstairs. Your stomach growls and you give in. Warily, you take the first bite and quickly eat it. Soon, you need to figure out a game plan on how to get out of here. You wonder if your parents or friends are hysterical.

Taehyung is ready to toss your phone out the window. Seojoon's name flashes across the screen with a heart. No. He must restrain and plant your phone somewhere soon. This time, his own phone rings and he notices it's Dahyun.

He has to keep up his appearance.

"Hello, Dahyun!" His cheerful self returns for a split moment.

"Yeah, hi. Listen, Y/N is not picking up the phone. Have you heard from them?"

"Y/N?" He questions as if this is his first time hearing. "No, I haven't. Isn't the trip still on?"

"No, I don't think so." Dahyun pauses. "I haven't heard from Y/N all day and it's worrying me. Call me back if you hear something, okay?"

"Don't worry, I will call you if I do." Taehyung sounds authentic and with quick goodbyes, he hangs up the phone. He has to keep up this act until... Until when? When... you... love him?