curls || bella ramsey

this ones for the curly hair girls 💋 no matter if your hair is straight or curly or wavy your hair is gorgeous babes

y/n's pov

my hair has been pretty curly since i was little. it never really affected me much besides the occasional comments on it, but when i hit middle school, i started straightening it almost everyday because i was so insecure of it. my curls haven't been the same since then because of the years and years of heat damage. i still straighten it to this day, but i protect it better so my natural hair looks like how it used to be when it's wet or when i don't straighten it. recently, i started dating bella, and we've been together for a few months. i know it's bad, but they haven't seen my natural hair yet. i'm very nervous to let them see it. what if they don't like it? what if they think it's ugly? what if they break up with me?

the sound of rain pattering on the window broke me out of my thoughts, as i heard the storm was getting worse. i could hear thunder a while away also. i have always loved rain, the sound of it calms me. however, i'm not very fond of thunder.

i decided to take a shower because i haven't washed my hair in a while. there wasn't anything i was doing today, but bella was coming over after work .i made my way to the shower and turned it on. i grabbed all my stuff that i use when i get out of the shower and set it on the counter. when the shower warmed up i stepped in and started washing my hair.

it took longer then expected to wash it, but when i got out of the shower it was still raining. i looked up at the mirror and saw my wet hair in the reflection. my thick curly hair was layered over my shoulders and along my back. i got my stuff and walked out of the shower with my hair still wet and curly, because i didn't think bella would be back from work for a while. i laid down on my bed, and scrolled on my phone for a while waiting for my hair to dry so i could straighten it.

*time skip*

bella's pov:

i got off work a little earlier then expected today so i decided to surprise y/n. i got in my car and drove to her place.

i arrived to her house and pulled into her driveway while struggling to see because of the storm going on. i knew y/n likes rain so i wouldn't be surprised if she was asleep. i cover my head with my hands to prevent my hair from getting too wet. i rung her doorbell and waited for her to open the door.

y/n's pov:

i heard my doorbell ring as i was getting a cup of water. i wondered who it was because bella doesn't leave work for a few more hours. i got a package a few days ago but they usually don't ring my doorbell so i was skeptical. i walked over to the door and opened it to see bella on the other side. i said hi and hugged them and brought them inside. i was surprised that they were here so early.

"i thought you were working for a few more hours?" i asked curiously.

"yeah i got off early so i decided to surprise you." they said while smiling.

"well thank you i missed you!" i said while hugging them again. i was so happy that i forgot my hair was still wet, therefor it was curly.

"did you curl your hair or something? it looks really good." they said while playing with my damp hair. i remembered i didn't dry or straighten it.

"oh- uh no actually this is just my natural hair. i just straighten it a lot." bella's eyes widened while still looking at my hair. i was quite nervous because i didn't know what they would say.

"Really? how come you never told me? it's beautiful though i love it." they said while brightly smiling at me, noticing the light tinge of pink spreading across my face.

"thank you, and i never told you because i never knew if you would like it. i never really did anyway." i said while playing with the ends of my hair. bella furrowed their eyebrows and looked back up at my eyes.

"for one, i love it. i think it looks gorgeous on you. and second, you should like it. you look beautiful no matter what you do with your hair and i wish you knew that." they said before hugging me.

i felt so loved in the presence of bella, it made me want to learn to love my hair. i'm so happy that i found someone that loves me so much i start to love myself too.

idk why that was so long but whatever. i made this while watching hereditary and i have no clue what's happening rn.