12. A promise and his care

Sultan's POV ~
It's been a while since we have left Magadha, i was walking ahead with Qadir and other soldiers, and she was sitting in the  plaquine behind followed by a carvan of her maids and a few soldiers gifted from her mother's country. The happiness i felt getting married to her is beyond measure but there's something i need to deal with, my own family. The journey is going to be tiring and long as it took 3 months for us to reach from Dularab to Magadha at the times of war .

 I desperately wanted to spend some quality time with my Begum but something was wrong with her  ,the last time we made an eye contact, i saw a weird change in her eyes , something which made me feel the same rage she had when i first met her . The weather was slowly turning cold as it was almost evening and also the time for some rest .

Maya's POV ~
Dularab is almost 2 and a half months away from Magadha which probably means that i would have to sit most of the times in this small plaquine with my knees aching due to lack of space and  a long journey, one of the maids pushed the curtain of the palquine and told me that we need to stay here for dinner and shelter.

 I quietly stepped down and saw Sultan instructing the soldiers and helpers in putting up a shelter for night stay , it was a green area maybe near a forest or something, ,i looked around and saw a small river near by , i asked my maids to help other workers in all the arrangements.

 I myself walked towards the river and sat on a huge rock near by , i could see my reflection in the crystal-clear water  , my hairline was filled with vermilion and nuptial chain hung around my neck , a huge nath , mathapati and everything a newly wedded Queen would wear ,i smiled bitterly thinking about the consequences that i would face being trapped in the name of his wife . I took a long breathe and turned around i could see the green tents, but he was nowhere to be seen , all i could see was the workers and maids running here and there . " Humme takne  se behtar ,humme awaaz de diya kijiye Begum Jaan "  he muttered near my ear as he was sitting just behind me on the rock , but when did he come ?? I thought to myself .. "Hum apko kyu dhundne lge Sultan ..hum ..hum toh dekh rhe thee ki ..ki " he turned me around by my chin and kept his finger on my lips .

 I wanted to resist the touch but " Shh...hum jante hein Begum aap kya dekh rhi thi ...hum apki ye ankhein dekhkar smjh Jaya krte hein ki aap kya aur kyu dhund rhi thi " his words were doing something to my heart , but suddenly i remembered the letter and his actual plans , i jerked his hand away and quickly stepped away from him  but before i could move ahead , i was trapped in his steel grip , he turned me around like a leaf . 

My hands rested on his chest and his hand gripped my waist tightly " Humme aisa kyu lagrha hai ki aap humse khafa hein Begum " he said looking straight into my eyes and i couldn't keep it to myself anymore, I clutched on his collar tightly " Naraz toh apno se hua jata hai Sultan ...aap toh apno ke vesh me praye bnkar aaye hein ...ydi apko humse partishod chahiye tha toh hum ranbhoomi me ldte ...magar apne toh humme zindagi bhar ke liye khudse bandh   liya hai "  his eyes frowned as i could see the hurt there , but what if it was his another plan ?? 

 He touched my cheek lightly and said " Begum hein aap hmari ...adhi jaan bsti hai apme hmari aur aap humme anjaan btakar humse hmari aadhi Jaan chin rhi hein ..agar apke Dil me koi baat hai toh aap humse khiye ...yun ankhon me nafrat se mat dekhiye ..hum ye bardast nhi kr payenge " his voice  seemed hurt and his eyes were slowly turning red as if he was trying to control himself.

I frowned " Ydhi aisi baat hoti toh ..aapki Bhabhi Shaheb patr me aise sbdhon ka prayog na krti ..".

  His eyes suddenly turned red hearing about his Bhabhi Saheb as i could feel the anger in his aura now " Hum ye nhi jante ki aap kis pegam ki baat kr rhi hein Magar ...hum par bhrosha rkhiye begum ,hmare dil aur dimakh prr kisi aur se phle apka haq hai ...sirf hmari Begum Mayawati Amir Qasim Ali Khan ka... "

I wanted to trust his words once again but not in a way that he could control my emotions,i looked deep into his eyes " Vishwas hawa ke jhonke se dagmgane wale diye ki bhanti hota hai Sultan ...ydi hawa ka bhav awasthkta se adhik tez hojaye toh diye ko bhujhna hi pdta hai ...aur hum  nhi chahte ki aap hmara vishwas punh Tod de... " .

He left my waist and held my both hands " Wayda krte hein apke bhroshe ki mashal ko hum khud jlayenge...kbhi apki iss shaan me koi gustakhi nhi hone denge Begum ..magar apko bhi humme ek Wayda krna hoga ki aap kisi aur se phle ,hum par bhrosha rkhengi ...aap koi bhi baat kisi aur tak pohchne se phele humme batayengi ..koi humara kitna bhi kareebi kyun na ho ..aap unpar bhrosha nhi krengi Begum ...  " i was a bit confused by his words but those words showed how insecure he felt towards me ...even though it was his own family, he wanted me to not trust anyone but him.

 I glanced into his eyes and all i could find was determination and truth , i nodded quietly as i didn't know what to say further,his eyes softened as he smiled a bit " Shukriya Begum Jaan ..raat hone ko hai chliye chlkar araam kr lijiye , thak gyi hongi aap " i looked around and the dark had already eaten up the light .He offered his hand " Aiyye hum madat kr dete hein " but I refused as i  tried to step down from the huge rock myself and he took a long breathe before  turning  around to walk but before he could go  my ankle twisted on the small rock which i could see " Ahh..." I screamed as i felt a strong pain in my ankle ,i was about to fall when he rushed towards me and held my waist tightly " Aap itni ziddi kyu hein Begum ..Humne kha tha hum madat kr dete hein magar apko sirf apni jee huzuri krne se mtlb hai " i felt as if the pain left my body when i  heard his tensed and rightful voice , i was lost in eyeing  his tensed face and caring gesture  when he suddenly lifted me up in bridal style ,my hands involuntarily wrapped around his collar " Ye ..ye app kya kr rhein Sultan ...hum theek hein ...uta" he didn't speak a word and glanced at me with his angry face and clenched jaw ,i swear i couldn't speak anything further looking at his facial expressions. 

~ How's the update guys ... apologies for the late updates 💗and a little  steamy  chapter on the way ..