28 . Sultan and Maya's journey to Naksaar

( unedited )

Sultan's POV ~

I walked out of the chamber and found Sardar panting heavily against the pillar .

My eyes scanned the surroundings and everything seemed quite normal .

" SULTAN ...humari ..humari putri " he stuttered falling against the pillar and suddenly a wave of anger rushed down my spine .

" Akhir msla kya hai Sardar ,saaf saaf byan kijiye "   i asked in a serious tone .

" Nain...Naintara humari putri ...humme aaj subh ek patr mila .. jisme..jisme likha tha ydi humme Naintara sahi salamt wapis chahiye...toh .."

My mind went straight to the intruders from last night and suddenly something clicked my mind .

" toh ...humme aaj do pher tak ..do pher tak apki ..apki Begum ko Sultan Ikraaz ke hawale krna hoga Sultan "

My veins pulsed with anger and all i could think is to crush that bastards head from where the though of having my wife has came .

Sultan Ikraaz would have to pay for this .

" Sardar ....aap humme uss sthan ka pta btayiye hum whan Jane ke liye tyar hein "

Suddenly i heard her voice from behind and i turned around only to find her standing in front of me with a sword in her hand and anger on her face.

I looked into her promising eyes and a smile appeared on my face, my wife isn't a fragile flower in the wild but wild who had the ability to embrace fragile flowers in the heart .

" Sardar , hum wayda krte hein Shehzadi Naintara ko shi salamt apke asiyane tak bhej Diya jayega , aap jakr shadi ki tyariyan smbhalein"

Begum smiled at my words and nodded lightly.

" kintu Sultan , hum apne swarth ke liye humari putri saman iss bcchi  ko kis prakar unhe sop dein ?? .." Sardar spoke in a pitiful voice and before i could speak she came forward to touch his feet .

" Apne humme apni putri saman smjha , toh humme apna putri dhrm bhi nibhane dijiye Sardar .
Aap jakr Naintara ke vivah ki tyariyan sambhaliye ,tab tak hum Sultan Ikraaz ko apna parichay dekar aate hein . " she spoke in a firm tone and my heart swelled with pride sensing the fearlessness in her voice .

" Vijayi Bhav putri " Sardar spoke touching her forehead with a reluctant smile .

She stood up and looked at me straight in the eyes as if asking for permission and all i could do was blink at her .

" Sardar , humme wo paigam dijiye Jo apko bhejha gya tha " , i spoke .

Sardar Vaal pulled out a piece of paper and handed it over to me .

I opened the letter and not so suprisingly it had the address of  Naksaar , territory of my so cold Uncle  .

I looked at Maya for once last time  and she quickly rushed inside the chamber .

I helped Sardar in standing and made sure that everything would be safe and fine after we leave .

I tied my daggers in the shoes and knots of the lower in case of any emergency.

The horses were now freed from the carriage as they stood separately for me and Begum .

" Sultan , hum tyar hein " i heard her voice from behind as she stood there in her black dress and a turban on her head .

The Sultana Dularab craved from ages stood proud in front of my eyes Begum  Mayawati Amir Qasim Ali Khan .

" Inshallah, aap sipahi ke libaaz me aur bhi Haseen lgti hein ...humme toh lagta hai apko kisika katl krne ke liye inn shamsheeron ki koi khas jarurat nhi " i spoke in a low voice as i held her by waist to help her climb the horse .

" Aap ..aisi paristhiti me bhi humme yun preshan kar rhe hein Sultan , aap bohot bure hein " she said scrunching her nose and i laughed climbing on my horse .

" Abb hum kar bhi kya skte hein Begum Jaan aap hein hi itni haseen ki hum khudko rok hi nhi paate .." i winked at her and she laughed .

And that's when we pulled the leashes of our horses together ,heading towards the end of another chapter.

Soon we reached the boundaries of Naksaar and as usual it seemed so quite from the place where we stood .

Naksaar was practically a black stoned fort with deserted plains around .

It was the house for several goons and thieves .

Naksaar once used to be a part of Dularab's territory in the times of my grandfather and now it was under the captivity of Sultan Ikraaz  Qasim Ali Khan my father's step brother and Nadira Sultana's father .

I asked begum to follow me as i guided ourselves towards the wall of the fort .

" Begum , ek baat ka dhyan rkhiye Naksaar ki Sultanate aur yhan ke log apki aur humari trh jazbaati baatein nhi smjhte ,yhan insaaf nhi Ikraaz Qasim Ali ki hukumat chlti hai ...aur ye sab hum apko isliye bta rhe hein kyunki iss diwar ke uss par ..apko Maya nhi blki Dularab ki Sultana ki trh sochna hoga ..apki apni jaan par abb sirf aapka haq nhi hai Begum .. " i spoke looking into her eyes because I wanted her to be careful , no matter how much I tried but in some corner of my heart I was still scared of loosing her .

She blinked at me in a assuring way and planted a small kiss on the left side of my chest ,just above my beating heart .

" Aap hein na humare sath , humara dhyan rkhne ke liye ...aur rhi baat Sultan Ikraaz ki ...toh aaj unhe hum mile na mile  nyay ka paath  avsay mil jayega "

She spoke with fire burning in her eyes and all i knew was Naksaar is soon going to get a new ruler .

She pulled out a rope from the back of her horse and tied it with an arrow .

She looked at me before shooting the arrow against the huge wall .

I did the same thing and soon both of us climbed up the wall entering into the fort of Naksaar .

I signalled begum to stay quite as I heard the murmuring sounds of people .