{Chapter 1}

Jax's pov

Of course it had to be Jax's best friend, it was always Gilly Cobbler.

She was the number one enemy of Rumpelstiltskin, the hero who managed to defeat him. Not only that, but she was the fairest of them all.

Jax wasn't surprised by that. 

Gilly was the most selfless person he knew. Even though she seemed to be really sarcastic, she was very courageous and brave. She was always willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good. 

In the image on the mirror, Jax could tell that her hair looked somewhat brushed as it fell into loose curls down her back. With her tan,  the freckles surrounding her nose seemed more prominent. In simple words, Jax thought she could pass of as a princess with her looks.

He tried again and again, hoping that it were some kind of mistake. 

Chatter erupted through the room.

"Who even is this child?"

"Is this who I think it is?"

"Wait, she's kinda cute."

"STOP!" Jax yelled. "She is Gilly Cobbler. She's a commoner and the same girl who took down Rumplestiltskin and Alva."

Everyone looked at Jax, but Jax avoided all of their eyes. He knew that he could never tell Gilly about this. She'd only end up doing something reckless and getting into trouble.

Why does it have to be Gilly? Jax thought. Why not some cute, noble princess? 

Jax hadn't seen Gilly since the last party they went to. The party was celebrating the opening of Fairy tale reform school after the war. It felt nice to be able to hang out with Ollie, Jocelyn, Ag, Maxine, Kayla, and Gilly again. 

Gilly and Jax sent ocasional Pegasus posts, but even that stopped after a while. They occasionally said hello through the scrolls, but that was it. They were too busy with their lives. Gilly was working tirelessly under the Police Squad and Jax was working as a noble and helping run Enchancia. 

Jax would fix all this. He knew that he would never let anything or anyone touch Gilly. He would also be taking the throne on his 18th birthday. Since Rapunzel only got out of her tower a couple years ago, she didn't think she was ready to rule. This meant that Jax was the next in line. The next to be king.

"Hello, earth to Jax?" Heath said, snapping his fingers in Jax's face. "What should we do?"

"What do you mean?" Jax asked.

"This Gilly girl clearly has a special place in your heart. Maybe you know where we can find her." Heath said this, raising his eyebrows.

Jax suddenly got an idea. "Wait weren't you apart of a group that helped defeat Olivina?"

"Well yeah-" Heath trailed off, wondering where Jax was going to go with this.

Jax confidently spoke, ignoring everyone's eyes. "I think it's time we joined together to defeat this new villain." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Together, Jax and Heath decided to split up to get the members of their team.

First, Jax decided to get Ollie. He did this by using the same magic carpet that he and Gilly crashed a ball with.

When he landed on the ship, he was greeted with tons threats, stating that he would be getting thrown overboard. Jax figured that he should have changed out of his fancy, royal blazer before going on another adventure.