{Chapter 12}

Gilly laughed at the prince sitting next to her. "The Fairest of them All? Me?" She shook her head. "Are you sure your my best friend? I can't be the fairest of them all. That title would go to a princess or queen."

Jax took a breath. "Gilly, I'm serious, look." He took out a small mirror from his pocket. "Watch." When the face popped up, he spoke, "Mirror mirror in my hand, who's the fairest of the land."

As the face disappeared, Jax pointed the mirror towards Gilly.

Gilly frowned when she saw herself staring back at herself. "I think the mirror is broken."

"No it's not," Jax said, raising an eyebrow.

"It's just a regular mirror, Jax." Gilly said shaking her head.

The problem was that she knew Jax was telling the truth. This wasn't something he'd lie about. Especially if her safety was on the line. 

She cracked a smile. "Don't worry, I'll stay away from apples."

"Thief, that's not going to do anything," Jax said, letting out a slight laugh.

"Yeah, I just wonder where I would find a prince willing to kiss me. In fact, I might  have lots lined up if I'm the fairest one out of all of them," Gilly replied.

Jax frowned. "Yeah, I'm sure your mouse Wilson would be the only one willing to even remotely come close to you."

"Wait he's a mouse?" Gilly asked, meeting his violet eyes.

"Well what did you think he was, a toad?" Jax inquired, smiling.

"No, I thought he was either a rat or a hamster," she admitted with a sheepish smile.

He shook his head. "You really are screwed if you need that kiss."

Pretending to be shocked, Gilly dropped her mouth and dramatically put a had on her chest. "Didn't Snow and Prince Henry break up after he kissed her? Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard."

"Yeah, he was a bit older than her, but I think they got back together last summer," Jax responded. "I have a feeling that whichever prince you kiss, you'll happen to stay with."

Gilly smiled. Gently touching his face, she tilted his head towards hers. "You sound pretty confident saying that."

They had always been comfortable with each other. They were partners in crime, after all. It was common for them to joke about dating one another or going to balls together, but as they got older, the jokes seemed to be less as jokes.

His violet eyes met hers and he inched his face closer ever so slightly. "I think I know a prince who'd be able to wake you up."

"Really?" Gilly asked, leaning in a bit closer. She prayed her face wasn't bright red as she tilted her head to the right. "I never thought I'd need a prince to save me. What if I have Jack give it a try to break Sasha's news articles."

"You're joking, right?" Jax smiled, leaning even closer.

She smiled. "I don't know, Princey , but-."

A voice sent her sprawling back. 

Jax jumped in front of her, his hand going to the hilt of his sword.

Gilly shook her head. She could easily protect them both if they needed saving.

Looking around him, she saw Kayla, Ollie, Jocelyn, and Maxine.

Maxine was beet red, staring at them with wide eyes.

Ollie let out a low whistle. "Are we interrupting anything here?"

Letting out a small laugh, Jax replied, "Nope, we were just going to-"

"Go polish shoes." Gilly finished, smiling.

Instead of adding on or agreeing, Jax looked back at her. "Is that seriously what you said? Out of everything, you chose to say that we were going to go polish shoes?"

"I'm a shoemakers daughter," Gilly said defensively, holding up her hands. "Besides, he's been on my mind a lot recently."

"Don't worry I've interrupted way worse." Jocelyn said, looking at Kayla and Ollie.

Ollie threw his hands up. "IT WAS ONE TIME-"

Gilly smiled, happy to change the conversation. "Have something to share with the rest of us, Kayla?"

Kayla looked at Ollie. "Nope."

"I can tell them for you guys." Jocelyn offered.

"Guys, that's not what we came here to discuss." Ollie said, desperate to get Jocelyn to be quiet.

Gilly let out a gasp, turning to Maxine. "Where did my siblings go?"

"It's okay, they're safe with Kayla's mom." She replied.

"Oh. So we are actually going to war." Gilly realized.

Jocelyn nodded. "Yes, and the Porter's are giving us an army of guards. Therefore, we won't have to worry about full combat."

"Plus Hook sent us a final warning," Ollie said.

"What did he say?" Gilly asked, looking at her friend.

"That he was only willing to stop this entire war if we traded the fairest of them all in return. If not, he'd be here at dawn with an army from Netherland," Ollie responded.

Gilly couldn't breathe. Everything was coming at her like a bullet. She could stop this war from even breaking out. Jax would never let her go though. If she left, he would be mad at her. 

Realizing what she was thinking, Jax grabbed her by the shoulders, bringing his face near hers. "Don't even think about it. Jut think of the consequences that would happen. If they get their hands on you, all of Enchantasia will suffer from that spell."

"But what if people die because of me?" Gilly asked, realizing tears were slowly streaming down her face.

"Wait a second, why is she crying?" Ollie questioned.

"Because I'm the fairest of them all." Gilly finally admitted. "If anyone dies-"

"It's because they chose to. For Enchantasia." Jax said, cutting off her thought.

"I've already had one person die for me." Gilly said quietly, shaking her head.

"Don't worry, I know a therapist." Jocelyn replied, not helping at all.

"Come on, we have to prepare for this war somehow. I'd really recommend staying by Jax, Gilly. He will make sure you won't do something you're going to regret." Ollie suggested, having everyone give them some space.

Gilly didn't need Jax to tell her what she should do.

She knew she was impulsive, yet she knew what would be best.

She would end this war whether her friends wanted her to or not.

A/N 

Oooooh another chapter!

Haha I feel evil with that chapter.

But anyways, I'm actually working on something really big that should be coming either next summer or next fall.

What did you think of this chapter though? Any predictions?

Thank you all so much for making this story popular though! I appreciate each and every one of you guys!

Daily question- Alva or Rumple?

Tbh I liked Alva better because she was more of  a drama queen, but let me know what you guys liked!

Bye for now! -Lexie