{Chapter 2}

[Gilly's perspective]

Why is it always Gilly?

Saving Enchantasia was never apart of Gilly's plan. She originally just wanted to get out of Fairy Tale Reform School so she could go back to supporting her family. Defeating Rumplestiltskin just came with it.

Gilly hated every single form of media she got.

She didn't fancy balls, she disliked attention, and she found the all praise she got to be overwhelming. 

After all, it wasn't even entirely what she accomplished. Rumplestiltskin would never had been defeated if it wasn't for the help of her friends. Even her sister played a huge role in his defeat. 

Becoming apart of the Jr Police squad was a form of fulfillment for Gilly. After all, who could go from saving the world everyday to becoming a shoemaker who would only save princesses at balls. With the Police squad, Gilly could help many different people everyday. 

Walking into the office, Gilly saw her partner, James. James was a quiet kid and he grew up similarly to Gilly. He too used to live with the constant threat of starvation and not being able to afford anything. This helped them understand each other in ways no one else could.  Like Gilly, he too had dreams of becoming apart of the Police Squad.

"What crimes need solving today?" James asked, smiling at Gilly.

"Well for starters, two of the three little pigs' houses got destroyed yesterday afternoon. Then, I heard last night of a rumor that the Pied Piper kidnapped someone." Gilly sat down, spinning around in her chair. 

"I thought the seniors were going to handle the kidnapping case. Plus aren't some locals pitching forward to rebuild those houses?" James watched as Gilly spun in circles.

"Come on, don't you think finding the villain or finding a missing person would be more fun than just letting the adults take care of things?" Gilly wanted adventure, she figured if she could do very well at the easy cases, she'd eventually convince Pete, the head chief, to let her take on a bigger case.

James shook his head. "I don't want you to get into danger or trouble again."

Gilly rolled her eyes, he just didn't understand the adrenaline rushes of saving the day or being in the thick of a crime. No one understood that. 

Just as Gilly was about to argue back, Pete walked in. 

"How was patrol today you two?" He asked as he strode into the room.

"Fine, thanks for asking." Gilly added a big smile to her face. "I was just about to ask about-"

"For the last time Gilly, you will not be working on either the Pied Piper case or the hunt for whoever destroyed the pigs' houses. I get that you may have had a role with Rumplestiltskin, but you aren't ready for those cases."

Gilly looked over at James who seemed to have a slight smirk on his face. Suddenly, his expression changed into a look of shock.

Some would have considered it fate or destiny. Gilly considered it to be perfect timing. Huddled in the office was Jax, Ollie, Kayla, Anna, and three other kids. 

Gilly nodded to Pete and James as she excused herself.

Running out of her office, she gave Jax a hug first. It had almost been three months since she last talked to him. 

Ignoring the fact that she managed to get his perfect tie messed up, she took in everyone in the room. "What's going on?" She looked to her sister, "Is Rumpelstiltskin back?" 

Gilly silently cursed herself for not fixing her appearance sooner. Her hair was in messy waves down her back and she was probably dirty from patrol earlier that day.

Ollie decided to speak first. "Nope, a villain named Captain Hook is planning to take over all of Enchantasia through a spell, and we have to stop him before he gets all the ingredients."

Gilly could practically jump up and down. This is exactly what she needed, a way to prove to Pete that she was ready to become a chief.

Instead, Pete nodded, coming up to them. "I'll assign some of my men on this case and you children can get home."

"Actually, we were just coming to collect Gilly. She is very talented and we were assigned this mission." Jax said this, stepping in front of Gilly.

"Who would assign children on a case like this?" Pete said, looking suspiciously between them.

Heath stepped forward. "My sister, Snow White. Also, Jax's father, King Porter."

Pete shook his head. "I don't think I can just let Gilly go that easily."

Jax stepped in, "Actually sir, this is a mission assigned by my father and technically the Royal Court meaning that Gilly has right to leave and come back without her position being harmed."

Gilly could hug Jax at that moment.

Pete stepped back and nodded. "Fine, but I expect you to read up on all the law and rule scrolls of Enchantasia that I assign.

Pete proceeded to grab a thick scroll. Not only was it in small print, but it was double sided. 

"Yes sir, thank you so much." Gilly grabbed a small bag from the corner. She put the scroll and a couple of other books in it. Then she turned to her friends, "Are we ready?"

Ignoring all their shocked faces, Gilly walked out the door, following the path that went through the village.

"Who are you and what have you done with Gilly Cobbler?" Ollie asked, running to catch up with her.

"What? I take my position very highly." Gilly said, her badge flashing boldly on her cardigan. "Also, it could be considered a violation to walk on that side of the sidewalk." 

"Since when did Thief care about the rules?" Jax asked.

"I'm just pointing them out for you guys." Gilly looked at him and gave a smile to prove her point.

Jax shook his head and pointed to her bag filled with books and scrolls. "That looks more like the training that the head Royal Guards have to go through."

Gilly laughed, she'd never be able to be a Royal Guard. To be one, records had to be crystal clean. Then again, Gilly thought she could make history someday. She didn't really like the idea of going from a thief to a royal.

"I think it should be a violation that you haven't introduced me to any of your friends yet. That's not very royal of you, Jax." Heath said this looking between him and Gilly.

Gilly laughed, normal royals at balls announced everything formally with a loud voice.

"Oh right, Heath, these are my friends, Ollie, Kayla, and Gilly." Jax said.

"Right, and these are my friends, Devin, Anna, and my sister, Raina." Heath said, flashing a perfect smile.

"Nice introductions and all, but does anyone have any idea of where we are going?" Kayla asked, her wings were fluttering, making her appear to be levitating.

"Relax, I've got us covered." Ollie said, confidently.

"Where are we even going?" Raina asked.

Gilly figured Raina and Kayla would get along well with each other.

"Simple, we have to go to Netherland." Ollie said, holding his hands dramatically in the air.

"And how do we even get to Netherland?" Raina asked.

"We have to fly of course."

A/N 

I hope you all enjoyed! I'm trying to keep up with the current stories (Up to the bonus story in cursed and Heroes). 

Daily question~ Do you guys ship Jax and Gilly?

To be honest I liked Jack and Gilly better until Cursed.

Bye!

~Lexie