{Chapter 5}

(Gilly's Pov)

Turning her head, Gilly looked around for where the voice could be coming from. She tried to be ready for whatever sort of battle would come from this.

"What do we have here with us? Princes and princesses?" The voice called out in a taunting manner.

"I am not a princess!" Gilly called back.

"Not yet, atleast." Ollie added.

Ignoring his comment, Gilly decided to search for the voice.

There was a dark staircase filled with shadows hidden by one of the rocky walls. Walking towards it, Gilly decided that it would be a good idea to investigate whatever was up those stairs.

"That's awfully dangerous, I think we should leave." Raina said, uncertain about exploring the dark rock.

"Where would we go? To the ocean and get captured by pirates?" Kayla snarkily replied. "No offense, Ollie."

While they continued talking, Gilly decided to walk up the stairs, despite what Raina said. 

The room was pitch black. Gilly couldn't even see what was infront of her. It was odd since she could see a bit of light from the stairs but none from anywhere else.

"Going somewhere, Thief? I really hope you aren't trying to find trouble." Jax asked, startling Gilly.

"Why did you follow me? This could be dangerous!" Gilly said, concerned about her friend's safety.

"So you're saying you think this is too dangerous for us?"

"Shhhhh." Gilly said, putting a hand over what she hoped was Jax's mouth.

After a second, a noise came out from the darkness, laughing. It seemed to be causing a mess. She felt a rock fly by her, barely missing her face.

Gilly immediately grabbed Jax, wrapping her arms around him. The dark room was terrifying and she didn't want to lose him again. It almost felt like the shadows were with her, taunting her. If she squinted in the distance, she could even see shadows that were in the outline of people. 

Hugging Jax brought her comfort. She really hoped he didn't mind how close she was to him.

Gilly also hoped Jax wouldn't mind that she took his pocket watch from his pocket. 

If he noticed, he didn't show it much. Instead, he pulled her behind him, trying to be in front of her.

It would have been a sweet moment if Gilly hadn't set off the pocket watch, lighting the whole room up with light.

She made out a shadow in the distance that was moving. It was a person, but it wasn't a person. It had a hat with a feather on top as well.

At that time, Ollie and Anna decided to come up into the room. Ollie immediately let out a shriek when he saw the person made of shadows.

Gilly was fascinated. She was about to fight it when Anna yelled at her. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" 

"It might be friendly." Gilly said with a charismatic smile.

The smile must have given more troublemaker vibes because Jax wasn't believing it. "Thief, get away from that thing now."

As if on cue, Ollie frolicked down the stairs, screaming to the others to get as far away from the staircase as possible.

Gilly turned, ignoring Jax's wishes. He must be mad at her for taking his pocket watch.

 The shadow didn't seem to be too dangerous; it was flying around the room, knocking over rocks and bumping into walls.