{Chapter 4}

(Gilly's pov)

Flying to Netherland was a lot harder than Gilly originally thought it would be.

"Come on, you can do this!" Anna cheered. Watching Gilly fail again and again.

No matter how much Gilly believed or thought, she  just couldn't fly. Flying felt impossible to her, even though she was part fairy.

"Come on, Gilly, your one of the only ones who haven't flown yet." Kayla said, flying circles around her, trying to show off how easy it was.

Easy for her to say, Gilly thought. Kayla technically didn't even need pixie dust to fly.

Getting frustrated easily, Gilly turned away from the group. She would fly. No matter how long it took. 

"Seriously, we've been waiting on you for ever Gilly. If you don't believe, then you don't have to go to Netherland." Ollie said, eager to get to Netherland.

Jax came up next to Gilly and whispered in her ear, "It's not so hard, just picture your on a flying pegasus or a magic carpet."

Gilly closed her eyes, picturing her and Jax flying on a magic carpet. That thought led to birds flying. Specifically a Violet Sabrewing. She considered them to be the prettiest birds in the world. Whenever she spotted them in the Village, she felt calmer somehow. They were very tiny, delicate creatures in a way. Gilly loved watching them go flower to flower collecting nectar.

What came next was the strangest feeling, she felt herself coming up, off the ground. It almost felt like she was swimming, but the water was thicker and more welcoming. 

Gilly looked over and saw the others trying to get Raina to fly. Raina was clearly stressed out about all the pressure.

Flying over, the group was happy to see that Gilly was in the air. 

"Come on Raina, trust me, if Gilly can do it, then you can do it." Ollie said, desperate to start the trip.

"I-I can't." Raina said, shaking her head.

Gilly tried flying over to her. She only managed to bump into two people along the way. "Come on guys, give her some space. If she does fly, then she won't go far with you guys surrounding her."

Raina looked up at Gilly, thankful for the help.

"Try clearing your mind, and think Violet Sabrewings and magic carpets." Gilly said.

"A Violet Sabrewing? That's very specific." Jax stated, looking Gilly in the eyes.

"Yeah, that's how I got myself to fly. The thought just came naturally with the carpet." Gilly told him.

"Out of all the birds, why did you think about a Violet Sabrewing?" Jax questioned with a smile.

Gilly shrugged turning back to Raina who was now floating above the ground an inch.

"What bird did you think of?" Gilly asked with a smile.

"Peacocks." Raina said.

"Since when could Peacocks fly?" Heath questioned, looking at his sister.

Devin and Anna shared a look.

 "Peacocks can fly Heath." Devin said with a smile.

Heath groaned, "I can't say anything without you commenting on it."

Ollie was still eager to get to Netherland. "Come on, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

 Flying to Netherland was a long and tiring journey. Mainly because Ollie got lost four times.