{Chapter 13}

They could hardly make it to get weapons and supplies in time. 

The second Gilly looked behind herself, it seemed as though a battle had started to commence. She looked forward and decided to keep running, ready to face whatever would be ahead of her. 

Beside her, Jax yelled orders, "stay with partners and suit up. This could get dangerous. Also remember, we have the royal guards fighting this on our side too."

Gilly nodded as she made it to the tool shed. Ripping open the doors, she threw a sword to Jax and other weapons to the others. Making sure she saved a bow, she took it down and took as many arrows as she could. 

That was until the arrows turned green.

"Hey!" Gilly looked at Jocelyn.

"It's a replenishing curse, so you'll never run out of arrows," she explained with a smirk.

"That's cool, thanks Jocelyn." She told her friend as she turned to follow Jax.

Secretly, Gilly had wished that the arrows would be able to shoot fire or something cooler. She also wished that she had actually grabbed armor. A metal chest plate would have at least been a way to make her heart harder to obtain. It would've been easier if she could have taken her heart out and stored it somewhere no one would find. 

"Why are we heading to the forest?" Gilly questioned, trailing Jax without hesitation.

"That's where the enemies are coming," Jax responded.

"What enemies?" Gilly asked, concerned for whoever would chose to team up with Gottie.

Jax pulled her behind a tree, drawing out his sword. He turned so she could see his face and drew a finger to his lips, pointing at the figures in the distance.

There were four young boys, walking around with wooden swords. 

"They seem awfully young," Gilly whispered to Jax. She really wondered where their parents were.

"Do you think Gottie kidnapped or manipulated them?" Jax asked, most likely thinking about his sister, Rapunzel.

"I don't know." She drew her bow, facing an arrow down. "I don't think I'll be able to fight them though. They're too young."

She nearly let out a scream when she saw a large pirate stomping through the area. The pirate was most likely on Hook's crew with long hair and an eyepatch covering his eye.

Jax put his hand over her mouth, drawing them into a lower crouch in the bushes they were hiding in. "That's hook's crew."

"Yeah, but it doesn't explain why there are children wandering in the forest," she whispered, taking off Jax's hand. "I'm getting major deja-vu to the battle against Rumple."

"Me too," Jax responded.

Out of nowhere, two people with Royal Academy badges sprung out with their swords drawn. They were pretty much walking into a battlefield.

Jax put his arm out, wanting to watch. He most likely opted into viewing fighting patterns so he could see how their enemies stood their grounds.

The two Royal Academy boys drew their swords, expecting an easy fight against the children.

With ease, the kids took them down, disarming them with their wooden swords and quickly tied them up with ropes.

The pirate came over to see what the trouble was.

He tossed his hair back, smiling. "Well done lads, I can see why Gottie chose ya'."

The children beamed with pride and turned to turn in the two Royal Academy boys. 

Gilly and Jax watched hopelessly as the two kids were taken away.

"We should help them," Gilly declared.

"I'm not going to risk you getting caught." Jax turned to her.

"The protocol states that all those of royal blood should-"

Jax cut her off. "I don't care about the police chief rules, I think that there would be an exception for the fairest of them all getting caught."

"Jax, their lives could be in danger. We have to follow them and see where they were taken to." Gilly told him, letting him know that her opinion was final. To prove her point, she turned and began to walk off in the direction that they left in.

The prince grumbled behind her. "You're impossible, thief."

Gilly smiled. "I know."

"And you're very stubborn." He said as he caught up to her in fast strides. 

She let out a small laugh, forgetting that they were in a battle. "Are you ever going to invite me to any more balls in the future?"

"I don't know thief, depends if you'll accept the invitations." He smiled back.

"Well, we do happen to be the best dancers here," she said, proudly.

"Does that mean you'll accept my next invitation." He asked her.

Gilly looked around. "I don't know, I bet I'll have a lot of princes lined up once they find out I'm the fairest of them all."

Jax laughed, then covered her mouth when he realized they were getting close to a camp. He pulled her behind a tree and peered out, letting out a gasp.

Wondering what was going on, Gilly looked too. What she saw shocked her too. 

Just behind the tree was Peter Pan and the lost boys with Gottie, Captain Hook, and his crew. 

They had been betrayed. 

Gottie managed to get almost all of Neverland to join her and her cause. 

Not only did Jack betray her.

Peter Pan had also betrayed her. 

The entire war with Captain Hook must've been fake or a cover.

Could they have known she was the Fairest of them all?

Jax turned and grabbed her, realizing the same thing. "Thief, we need to get out of here. Now."

A/N

Ooooh another chapter!

Since finals are done, I'll be able to hopefully update a lot more!!!

Trust me, this book will be finished in the next month or two!!!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Daily Question~

Do you have any thoughts for the future FTRS crew?

I personally love the idea that Gilly ends up as like head of the guard with Jax as the king, don't know why.

Bye for now! ~Lexie