Chapter 24

Carlisle's POV

At beach, Abbie fell asleep while hearing the waves. Her head on my shoulder and blanket wrapped around her. Before we talk about my brothers and now I watch her peacefully sleep.

Looking drunk as if the wine bottles fulled with animal blood now empty had anything to do with it.

I hold Abbie close to me as I walk back to Matthew's home. Having it be 11:54 pm, I do apologize, staring at my mate in the moonlight is a rather long process.

"Goodnight my mate." I whisper off before passing her to Matthew.

Abbie's POV

Uh Italy is so cold in December. Waking up to my toes freezing. I dress heavy in wool from socks to scarf. I hope the castle is a bit warmer for the long tour.

"Morning. You live in a freezer? Why is it so cold?" I ask Matthew.

"My love, it's the weather. Don't spend energy warming yourself. Here, breakfast. I've got work. Evan is busy with a promise and you?" He hands me an American breakfast with hash browns.

"A tour around the castle of Volterra." I say in a low voice.

"Progress. Carlisle is very nice. Maybe the others not so much but you will know them all." He says while I eat.

"Yes yes brother. Well I must go now." Grabbing a small purse, "I'll be back before dinner. I'll call if anything as you must do the same. And thank you for breakfast and the hot chocolate to go."

"Good luck. Welcome love. Bye bye." He waves from the kitchen and I'm off to see the kings.

Marcus' POV

The guards and my brothers scramble to make the castle spotless as our mate arrives for a tour. Though an issue has occurred of my brothers wives.

"Oh brothers just let her go. You are attached by law. She was made aware of the what would happen if you found your mate." Aro says to Caius as he struggles.

"Masters, the queen has arrived. Shall we begin the tour?" Felix interrupts.

"No. We shall see her ourselves. Brothers?" Aro says walking out the door.

Abbie's POV

"Hello Jane." I greet her as I walk through the front gates of the castle.

"Hello My Queen."

"No Jane. Call me Abbie. I haven't earned the title nor I'm entitled to it yet." I tell her.

"My Q- Abbie, the Masters would like to personal give you a tour of the castle." She informs me.

"Yes the time has presented itself now. How was your night? Learned a lot from watching me sleep?" I joke.

"It's for your safety. Though I like the view. I sometimes sit on the balcony and watch it from there until the sun rises or you wake early." Jane sighs.

"Welcome my darling to the castle of Volterra. We have been waiting for your presents." Aro says.

"Thank you. I have been waiting for the tour. The air is much lighter this time." I breathe in their scents and emotions.

"Shall we begin?" Marcus asks.

"Carlisle stop hiding or does the tour come with a game of hide and seek?" I ask.

"You know me too well. Though maybe just my brothers for the day?" He suggests.

"Sure. I'll get to know them. Do I get to see you later?" I ask him.

"Of course, little daisy." He says with a nickname walking to wherever his needed.

"May we begin?" I look at the kings.

They walk me around the castle showing wings, rooms, libraries, guard floors, and more. I notice Caius look every few minutes looking at me, Aro just keeps talks and Marcus just walks in silence.

I walk towards Marcus by grabbing his forearm. He gasps softly but continues to walk.

"You seem comfortably quiet. What is your favorite part of the castle?" I whisper.

"I have been here so long. What is your favorite part of the castle?" He asks me back, not giving me an answer.

"The outside parts. Is there any gardens or ponds maybe a pool around?" I ask.

"Yes though we don't go out much." He tells me.

"Is there a fire place near? I'm so cold. The castle seems colder than outside." I shiver a bit.

"Yes. In the common living room. Though we cannot start it. Fire kills vampires." Marcus says changing the direction we head to a living room.

"I'll start it then." My stomach cuts me off.

"Lunch shall be served to you soon." Aro says grabbing the wood.

Marcus moves to the couch as I remove my hand from his forearm. I sit near the fireplace on the floor. Grabbing a piece of wood between my hands to start the fire.

"Wonderful. So beautiful." Aro says aloud.

"Masters, lunch. The chef prepared some soup and warm chicken sandwiches." Jane walks in.

"Jane oh lovely come sit near." I pat the floor. As she places the tray on the center table.

"I saw your power. First when I arrived here. I have a few questions. May I ask?" I grab a sandwich.

"Of course, my Queen. I mean-"

"I understand. Is it mental pain or physical pain you put a person through?" I ask.