Chapter 27

Abbie's POV

"Yes and gave me their bank cards when they heard I work." I say.

"You work?" Alice asks.

"The demigoddess don't get money. We work and try to live normal lives just like a superhero or villain depending on the person." I say.

"Cool. Are you a superhero or villain?" Emmett asks me.

"I'm a citizen. Nothing special."

"Abbie you want to go shopping tomorrow? You have their cards make use." Alice says.

"I can't Alice I got to prepare my suitcase and I'm not wasting their money. I have my own my money and wardrobe." I said headed for the door.

"It's barely 7pm, animal whisper. Come on play video games?" Emmett questions.

"Alright. Just a few games cause I have dinner with Charlie." I sat on the floor in front of the tv.

The next hour, me and Emmett played Mario cart and many shouts later I win. I say my goodbyes and went home to dinner with Charlie. He knows about my New Year plans.

~~ Next Morning ~~

The next day I went to work and set up more of my outfits. Day on of black suit with red corset and diamonds, day two an all black suit, day three lace all over, day four a long sleeve bodysuit and sweatpants, day five jeans and a hoodie, and day six same as day five.

Anna happy to help with my outfits and gladly gave me the days off. Off again to lunch with the Cullens, though they watch me eat and I get to chat with Carlisle if he's there.

"Did everyone leave or go hunting? Hello. I let myself in if you all don't mind." I say entering the Cullens home.

"I don't mind. The others are hunting and I had all night hunting as my day off is today. I want to spend it with you, alone." Carlisle saying holding up daisies.

"Why thank you. Lovely surprise." Heading my stomach growl in hunger.

"Let's get you some food. I made your favorite pasta with chicken and veggies. Also some pizza and juice." Carlisle leads me to kitchen and see bowls of food.

"So much to eat. And smells amazing." We sit down and I began to eat.

"What you said to the kings was exactly need for them. Though how am I any different?" Carlisle says.

"I don't like men for personal reasons but I like you because you have good intentions." I say drinking juice.

"Cause I drink animal blood."

"You have been given the gift of being a vampire, you chose to be something good. A doctor. In the world you are a doctor." Picking up chicken.

"And what if the kings? They are my brothers and your other mates, you never feel complete without all of us."

"I know. We will compromise at some point. It won't be easy. But they chose to be killers, deeming human kind vile creatures. They kill innocent and feed off children. I don't cannot stand with that. It goes against my gifts." I say sighing.

"I understand. This is for you. In the Cullens family bank account." He slides the card across the table.

"I don't want it. I like spending time with you. That can't buy it for me." I slide the card back.

"Please. Use it for emergency only. It would have you taken care you." He holds me hand.

"Fine. You owe me a hoodie of yours." I yawn, quickly finishing my food.

"What color would you like?" Carlisle gets up.

"Grey please." I finish up and place his card in my wallet next to the kings. I move to the couch to watch a movie when Carlisle returns.

"Here you are." He sits next to me pulling a blanket.

"It smells like you." I take off my hoodie and replace it with his.

"You can keep mine for the time being." I point to my hoodie on the couch.

"Thank you." Carlisle says holding up the blanket for me.

I snuggle into him as we continue to watch lilo and stitch. We softly talk as I struggle to stay awake.

"Where would you go while in school?" Carlisle asks me while playing with me hair.

"To study usually around the library, in the woods, or to La Push when school and duties were overwhelming."

"Any where else you go?"

"To Mexico. To my orphanage. Surprise the kids from time to time. I could stay for days but I'd like to come home to Charlie." I yawn.

"How are the kids?" He chuckles as I try to keep my eyes open.

"They are sweet and deserve more. I try to teach them that money isn't the only thing important. You work to feed and survive for yourself. I send time with them. I use the money I make to spoil them on holidays and love making carne asada with them as we work in the fields, splashing each other with water." I smile.

"That sounds wonderful." He rubs me hand with his thumb.

"Yes it is. Now nap time before I get angry. See you in a bit." I hold his hand up to my forehead then place it down to hug the blanket tighter.