CHAPTER 22 THE END

“Muyan, I’m leaving. Don’t miss me.”

Ruan Jiaojiao left Shen Muyan this message before completely disappearing.

News of her public announcement of withdrawing from the entertainment circle was still lingering around the internet with some rumors floating around that she was preparing to marry into a rich family. After all, celebrities often look bright and pretty on the surface but the entertainment industry was a billowing smoke of scumbags and snakes, it naturally didn’t suit the image of being Huo Yuting’s woman.

Shen Muyan’s eyes turned red as he shut himself in his dressing room. He kept calling Ruan Jiaojiao’s number over and over but only a mechanical woman’s voice sounded, informing him that the other party had its phone turned off.

He knew that she was forced to flee from Huo Yuting’s tyrannical abuse.

Just like that day, even if she was completely unwilling, she still left with Huo Yuting and even sent him an eye signal, begging him not to involve himself with their matters.

As such, Shen Muyan could only watch wide-eyed as she pulled her hand away from his hold and the two people were pried apart just like this.

It felt as though someone was hammering Shen Muyan’s heart, making it hard for him to breathe.

It has been a month since the woman had left.

Huo Yuting was able to find records of her leaving the country but the trail was cut off once she had stepped foot into another country. Her parents were spending their holidays in Europe, seeming to be looking at houses with intentions to settle there.

Huo Yuting had never felt this vexed in his life before. It was clearly her who provoked him in the first place, even resorting to the nasty use of drugs. Why did it now seem that their roles were completely reversed?

Up until now, he couldn’t figure whether he had been tricked or not.

Though if there was one thing Huo Yuting had to admit, it was that his attitude towards her that night wasn’t something to be proud of.

However, despite having already publicly announced her to be his official girlfriend, she still continued to whisper sweet nothings to Muyan in front of him, making him wear the green hat of cuckold thrice and embarrassing him in front of others, leaving nothing of his dignity.

If he didn’t get angry, would he still be considered a normal man?!

“Brother Huo.”

Liu Luoxue looked at Huo Yuting with teary eyes. She finally understood what she felt towards him and now that she had learnt that the woman who had been cheating on him had finally taken the initiative to leave him first, she naturally started acting on her feelings.

Huo Yuting looked at the pure and sweet girl in front of him but a touch of annoyance arose in his heart.

He couldn’t hold back his bubbling anger. If she hadn’t gotten involved with her self-righteousness, exposing the ambiguous relationship between him and that woman, he wouldn’t have had a falling out with that woman.

He continued to turn a blind eye to further their relationship, hoping that the woman would slowly feel his sincerity and gradually become willing to make amends with him.

The more Huo Yuting thought about it, the more he felt stifled. It felt as though a fish bone was stuck in his throat, a dense ball of impatience lodged in his heart, unable to be shifted from place.