CHAPTER 40 [2ND WORLD 18] IN DEEP WATERS

While the two people were locked in an impasse, Su Xue called out softly from behind them, her voice carrying a tinge of limitless grief.

“Ji Che…”

Ruan Jiaojiao’s line of sight was completely blocked by Ji Che, rendering her unable to see Su Xue and Ji Xun’s expression at this moment.

“Why did you look for me?”

Ji Che asked her, his low magnetic voice inexplicably revealed a hint of iciness.

Ruan Jiaojiao took her current circumstances into account and made a decision. Since he asked, she’ll just try squeezing out some tears to put up a play. In any case, she was still hiding a trump card under her sleeve.

As such, she gazed at Ji Che with a pitiful look, her eyes instantly brimming with tears, reflecting a watery glow. Hardening her skin, she reached out both arms, holding onto Ji Che, and with a mournful voice, she pleaded softly.

“Don’t marry her, please?”

“Ji Che!!” Su Xue’s voice turned sharp and alarmed.

Ruan Jiaojiao’s arms intertwined around Ji Che’s in a vice grip, burying her face into his arms as she sobbed and pleaded.

“I beg of you…I know I was wrong…I was blinded by anger so I wanted to take revenge on you…I won’t ask for your forgiveness…I only wanted to stop you from marrying her…Ji Che…don’t marry her…I will die…I will really die…”

She sobbed, her voice getting increasingly lower, and sounding more desperate.

Ruan Jiaojiao was extremely engrossed in her acting when her chin was suddenly pinched and lifted by two fingers, making her look into Ji Che’s pitch black eyes, and her delicate body was unable to help but quiver.

She was gonna die!

She felt that the male lead had really blackened as even when she was crying so pitifully, he kept an expressionless face…

Seeing this, even if Su Xue harbored fears towards Ji Che, she couldn’t bear the situation any longer. She rushed towards the two but was unexpectedly knocked unconscious by Ji Xun from behind.

“Continue.”

Ji Xun raised a brow at Ruan Jiaojiao, hooking his lips into a small smile despite his eyes containing no mirth but a slight chill instead, the mole on the corner of his eyes looking slightly sinister.

Ruan Jiaojiao couldn’t help but shiver.

Ugh..

Seeing this reaction of his, did she really have to continue playing this character?

Ruan Jiaojiao put away her crying face.

“Ji Che. If you really dare to marry Su Xue, you’re going to force me to death!”

Seeing that crying had been ineffective, she immediately changed strategies and started to spout ferocious words.

Unexpectedly, the male lead she was holding onto, finally had a reaction, however, his words made a shiver crawl up her spine.

“I never had any plans to marry her.”

“What do you mean?” Ruan Jiaojiao’s hair stood on end, feeling Ji Che’s hand stroking her head.

“Jiaojiao, nobody has ever provoked my anger like you did.”

Sensing danger, Ruan Jiaojiao loosened her hold on him and intended to escape, however, Ji Che caught a firm grip of her wrist and the strength he exerted felt like he was about to crush her bones.

“It hurts…Ji Che, let go of me…”

She quickly asked the other man for help but didn’t think that Ji Xun would only turn his lighter on, casting her an indifferent glance before lighting up the cigarette in between his lips.

F*ck!

Did these pair of brothers forget their previous grudge? Were they both in on this?

However, the problem was, as the target of their plans, Ruan Jiaojiao did not feel the least comforted.

It looks like she had really caught herself in deep waters this time and it was game over for her!