3] left a bad taste on your tongue.

CHAPTER-III

The ceremony was ready by the end of the month. Junghoon hadn’t made an attempt to confirm the arrangement nor did Taehyung know how he was feeling about the whole ordeal. He figured their thoughts didn’t matter anymore, not at this point, not when everything was ready and set. There wasn’t much of an option to choose from. And if he truly did hate it he would have said something by now he figured.

He accepted his fate soon after his own clan’s downfall, if he would be used as a scapegoat for peace between the kingdoms like Jin told him he would be, then so be it. His questions on the matter were silenced sternly more often than he could count. Irritation from being turned down so often tore him apart silently, he took everything in like he was told to and just began to accept it. Maybe being with Junghoon could change that, give him the answer he’s been asking, hoping the Kingdom of Fire was a place far from secrecy like it was here.

The pre-ceremony rules began the day Jungkook left from his surprise visit. Taehyung was refused to leave the quarters and if he did, he was demanded to be hidden under thick clothing to keep his identity hidden from the village. Excuses were made, and frankly Taehyung didn’t believe in any of them. But he acted like he did, he performed so well for a second he saw himself as someone who was truly pliant and reasonable to all the bizarre excuses he heard.

Wincing, he eyed the many hands that were on him, hands he wasn’t familiar with as they styled and manhandled him into the colours of Junghoon's Kingdom he would soon be sent to. Or sold. Is how everyone saw it as. Namjoon peaked his head through the door, and gave a look down once before nodding, an uncomfortable smile etched on his face. “You look good.”

Taehyung could only nod back, he avoided the mirror ever since he woke up, seeing himself in the traditional attire would only make everything seem more real. Believing his words on imagination would have to suffice.

He ran his hand through his hair until he heard a disgruntled groan from one of the servants. He gave an apologetic grimace and walked towards Namjoon.

“Jin is at the front waiting to take you down, everyone is ready.”

“Who's out there?”

“The four rulers of the four kingdoms.”

Taehyung snapped his head at Namjoon, “Why? It's not even a big deal, why are they all here?”

“It’s tradition.”

“It is?”

“Of course.”

“It shouldn’t be, Junghoon is a general not a King.”

Namjoon hung his head low, avoiding his eyes. “Listen Taehyung, there’s something-”

“It’s time to go.” Jin appeared through the door, reaching out a hand for Taehyung to hold. “We shouldn’t make our guests wait any longer.” He watched as Jin sent Namjoon a warning glance, it was obvious to him even if Jin thought he was being subtle about it. There was nothing subtle when it came to Jin giving anything but loving looks to his husband. Anything apart from soft glances and treasured looks would be unusual and the biggest hint that there was indeed something alarming happening.

And like always Taehyung ignored the tension between them. He would find out eventually, but right now he wanted today to be over with. He could feel his heartbeat quickening; not sure whether to call it nerves or fear. He wasn’t scared of Junghoon. Junghoon held no threat, he was the easiest person to get along with, he knew that well. But the turning of his stomach told him a threat was still out there whether it came from Junghoon or not, the apprehensive looks Namjoon was sharing and the blank expression Jin was returning back confirmed his theory.