9] Refusal of Reality.

CHAPTER-IX

As much as he hated admitting it. Taehyung was sat waiting, on his bed, for Jungkook to arrive. Impatiently glancing at the door every few seconds. Any noise that was heard and he stood up, striding towards it only to be let down once again. His excitement turned to worry all too quickly, maybe Jungkook forgot, or he didn’t care. Or he was teasing him. He frowned looking down at his hands, he had been practising silently the spell to summon Yeon. He pressed his hands into his eyes, rocking back and forth, at the same beat the clock was chiming. The wait was agonising. Looking around he soon realised the object didn’t exist and it was his mind playing games. Half an hour went by, and by this point he gave up, slumped back on his bed with a cushion pressed to his face.

“Blessing?”

Taehyung shot up at the voice, Jungkook's head peeking through the door, a small smile on his face. “Yes?” he breathed out, already standing up. Ignoring the small stir in his stomach at the nickname.

Jungkook walked in, a few tentative steps forward holding up what seemed to be pieces of armour in his hands. Taehyung peered at it, interested in the type of training he was about to face. He was dressed in his usual clothes, loose comfortable trousers and a white oversized shirt.

Jungkook lowered his gaze to it and back, slowly shaking his head. “That won’t do, you should put these on.” He moved closer, a touch away as he lightly held the hem of Taehyung's shirt. He felt Taehyung hold back his breath as his cold fingers pressed against his skin. “May I?”

The logical thing to do would be to refuse, step back and say no but Taehyung didn't. He stood there as still as one could and nodded.

Jungkook began to pull it further up his body, his eyes searching for any discomfort but he couldn’t sense any. He refused to let his eyes wander down, instead settling on his lips and no lower. The shirt was off and thrown on the floor. They both stared at each other, lost in the moment before Jungkook looked away, green emerald eyes burning him. He cleared his throat and placed a thicker material over Taehyung's head, his mouth twitching in endearment at his erratic hair peeking out first through the hole and then his head after. “This is a lot thicker, it should help with comfort from the harsh straps that might dig into your skin once I secure it.”

Taehyung hooked his arm through the loops of the garment Jungkook was holding up for him. “Is this necessary?”

“The armour or me dressing you?” Jungkook smirked. Taehyung glared, he attempted to pull away but Jungkook secured his hands on his waist keeping him still. “I’m joking. Please.”

He peered behind Jungkook, a hand on his shoulder as he lifted himself higher to look towards the pile on the floor. “You must be joking, I’m not wearing all that.”

Jungkook followed his sight at the pile. “What if you get hurt?”

“Jungkook.”

“Blessing.”

Taehyung stared at him, a state of displeasure mixed with a certainty of absolute not.

“Fine, but if you get hurt, I get to kiss all your injuries.”

“Absolutely not.” Taehyung walked past him towards the door and out, hiding his face as Jungkook laughed behind him.

_____________

They were both out in the open, just a few kilometres away from the castle surrounded by trees. Stood in the middle of a small flat opening, a circular stage was conveniently moulded into the ground, made perfect for training hand-to-hand combat. The air was still, not a single breeze on his skin, they were truly alone. He wondered if Jungkook had the power to eliminate the wind, and if he did, had he done it now? Taehyung could feel his pulse thumping harder, the excitement of being out, being set free. He watched as Jungkook removed his shirt, to no one’s request, but he didn’t complain. His eyes followed each movement, the way he lifted his arms, the muscles in his arms dipping and pulsing gloriously.