11]We're going backwards in time.

CHAPTER-XI

Taehyung stood, dumbfounded, just outside Jungkook's study. The doors were locked for once, which was unusual as they always remained open throughout the day. He lifted his hand to knock but stopped when he heard muffled voices from within, with his ear pressed to the door he listened, but could only hear parts of a conversation he couldn’t connect enough to make sense.

He would be upset' ‘Won’t know.’ ‘My choice is made.’

The voices stopped. Cautiously he raised his arm again, but his palm missed where it should have hit when the door swung open, revealing Junghoon's figure on the other side. He stood firm, still dressed in his armour as he bowed quickly and disappeared through the doors at the other end of the hall. Taehyung didn’t wait for Jungkook to be aware of his presence when he stormed in, demanding to be heard whether he was left or not.

“I refuse to believe it was him, who was the traitor. He must be set up, that man has shown me nothing but grace.”

Jungkook didn’t return his look nor did he lift his head at his presence, his eyes frozen on the papers in front of him. He flicked the page over and signed another section ignoring him.

"Jungkook,” he rasped, furiously. The slam of his fist on the table echoed around the room, leaving Jungkook no choice but to look up.

“This is an area you cannot interfere with, there are rules and if one can’t follow them, they will be punished. Grace is not a defining factor for release or for a second chance.”

Taehyung clenched the papers in his hands. “For me,” he pleaded, knowing the only way Jungkook would resolve would be if he put himself on the line. “Do it for me.”

Jungkook softened his eyes, just briefly before he shook his head. “I can’t, because if I do. Others will follow, one release will turn into an army of warriors becoming traitors.”

“At least promise me you won’t kill him.”

Jungkook lowered his eyes, fixed on the clenched hands in front of him. “I have not decided what his punishment will be.”

“Promise me.”

“Whatever you do, do not. I repeat do not interfere.”

“When will it be?”

“I cannot tell you.”

Taehyung let out forced breath through his mouth, shoulders slumped at the shock of the words he heard. He straightened up and without another word left, slamming the doors behind him. He rushed out to the only place he knew he would get answers from.

_____________

Junghoon was getting changed when Taehyung knocked on his door to speak with him. He hung up his armour and threw on a shirt quickly before letting him in. Taehyung placed a box of cookies stolen from the kitchen between them, before handing Junghoon one. They ate quietly for a while, just enjoying the moment, actively ignoring the scene they both had to witness a few hours ago.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders as nonchalantly as possible. “Sucks doesn’t it.”

Junghoon wearily drifted his eyes sideways and back down. “What.”

“Seojoon's punishment.”

Junghoon nodded and kept quiet. So Taehyung tried again.

“I’m not sure why Jungkook asked me to join him.”

This finally made him react, his eyes widened and his head snapped to the left. “He did what?”

“Told me to be there so I can learn about the punishments of his kingdom,” Taehyung explained, taking another bite of the cookie. “I told him I didn’t want to be there.”