18]It's either you or nothing. And nothing is not an option.

Chapter-XVIII

“Sleep with me tonight.”

A lot could be meant with those four simple words.

The first night spent with the one you love most; moments filled with serenity, with comfort and peace. Or filled with endless love-making and pleasure. Both were very much welcomed and endlessly thought about on Jungkook's behalf. Majority of his nights consisted of his daydreams; of Taehyung's soft naked skin on his, his fluttering lashes and just how sweet he would taste on his tongue as he dipped down lower and lower.

Reality had never hit so hard. The position he was in wasn’t the way he thought tonight would have gone, but he would take his own life before he would complain about it. Even with how tired he felt and not in the way he thought he would be. Taehyung was pressed against his chest sleeping soundly, his cheeks squished into his skin, his hand loosely placed around his neck. And if he drooled all over Jungkook during the night, he would never know because the evidence would have been wiped with a thumb before he had the chance to see it. The night started with Taehyung bidding him a goodnight, turning his back and going straight to sleep, but the main event happened during it. Somehow something about Jungkook had drawn him physically closer, and more precisely onto his chest.

Feelings of exhaustion was completely Jungkook's fault, not because the situation he was in was uncomfortable or unwanted but more because he spent every single second awake feeling Taehyung's warmth. Endless minutes watching the way he exhaled short puffs of air through his mouth, with his fingers lazily drawing shapes on his arm to lull him further into rest. With the other wrapped around his waist keeping him secure, keeping him close to his body. Jungkook didn’t waste a second of it. Memorised his soft murmurs to the endearing nose scrunches he did whenever he kissed his forehead softly. He knew tonight was special and wouldn’t account to many more and he refused to let it go any quicker by falling asleep. He knew he couldn't enjoy this forever.

He tucked the sheet tighter around him, and fluffed it for the hundredth time as the birds outside started chirping. Blocking the sunlight with his arm, he sighed happily, squinting towards the window. His attention lowered to the body that began to stir around in his arms, of the hand stroking his cheek unconsciously. As soon as Taehyung's eyes fluttered open, Jungkook shut his. An impulsive choice he didn't know why he made. It didn’t last long until he felt his husband stretch and then freeze all too quickly, and then remove himself completely, soon after.

A couple of seconds went past and nothing happened. He didn’t sit up, didn’t leave or make an attempt to wake him. Becoming restless, Jungkook panicked. Does he know? Is he waiting for me to open my eyes? It wasn’t long before his inner turmoil turned to dust as lips touched his cheek.

“Thank you,” Taehyung whispered into his skin, and then gave him another gentle peck before leaving. Once the door clicked shut, Jungkook smiled and finally drifted off to sleep.

_________

It was only the second sip Taehyung took of his tea before the doors behind him flew open and shattered against the wall with a loud bang. He sighed and shut his book calmly, before placing it in front of him as he listened to the footsteps coming closer alarmingly quickly. The peace of the trees swaying, and the birds singing was ruined and his time alone in the balcony was gone in seconds. It was from the rage of Junghoon's voice that made him forget about his thoughts, as he twisted his head and waited.

“Did you tell my brother you hate him again?!”

“What?” he asked, a line between his brow. “No?”

Junghoon slammed his hands on the table, sweat trickling down his forehead. “I begged you not to, Taehyung. I begged you, how could you-”

“I didn't,” he repeated, defensively, his arms folded. “I swear.”