16]What's the difference between feeling and being?

Chapter -XVI

Jin broke down the arrogant facade once he heard Taehyung's spiteful tone. His playfulness was replaced with a more serious look he wasn’t accustomed to, but it was obvious to everyone, nothing about the situation had room for teasing. Namjoon had yet to look at Taehyung, his eyes far away, finding a place to avert. Always the one to escape as deemed convenient. Taehyung felt angry, or he was angry. Was there a difference between the two? The emotions were distant to him. The difference between being and feeling. Was he supposed to feel anything at all? Losing control was an option, like he had done during those endless nights he spent locked away in his room. But the hand holding his not only held him firmly but kept his emotions from bursting. A relief washed over in a small calming wave. He was not alone.

Jin's eyes drifted towards their intertwined hands with interest before returning back blankly. “Why would I be disappointed you’re alive?” he began, his arm placed on the armrest supporting his head tilted to the side. “I kept you breathing for so long and your sister. Cut me some slack.”

Taehyung flinched at the mention of her. “How is she?”

“Alive.”

“Any sign of her waking up?”

Jin's eyes slid over to Jungkook and back, “There are some movements.” He placed his arm behind Namjoon, hand securely placed on his waist. His husband didn’t react, nor did he look up or smile. “I’m surprised you don’t already know.”

Confused, Taehyung waited for him to carry on.

Jin shrugged and leaned into his seat, spreading his legs further, enjoying the sip of wine he reached for. The drink that was poured for Taehyung. “I always knew Jungkook thought my intelligence was lacking, but it’s very insulting for me to confirm it.”

Taehyung looked over to his left, to Jungkook's unreadable expression. He bit his tongue from demanding an explanation, but the idea of being this desperate already wasn’t very royal-like. “If only your intelligence matched your arrogance, then you would be completely fine.”

A loud laugh filled the room coming from Jin, his head hung back as he wiped a fake tear from his eyes. His expression hardened soon after. He leaned forward and clasped his husband's hand, placing it on his lips. He kissed it softly and slid his attention towards Jungkook. “Taehyung. What day did you arrive in our Kingdom?”

“When the war happened to eliminate the Emeralds.”

“Do you know who came bloodied and bruised a week after your arrival begging to have a place in our castle, offering anything he can give for only food and shelter. Desperate and in distress to be accepted. Like their life depended on it?”

As a response Taehyung shook his head.

“Park Jimin. The servant who only had the job of wiping the floors of the kitchen. Who, by determination and will power, levelled up to take care of your sister,” Jin led on, he clasped his hands on the table. “Have you heard of him, Jungkook?”

“No.”

“I wonder if he would like that answer. I guess he can’t do much now that he's hung on the wall like a wet rag, an arrow between his brows keeping him up. A shame really, he was a feisty one.”

Heart beating against his chest. Taehyung froze. The words kept repeating inside his head. 

'He is alive. I promise you. Do not let his words deceive you.'

Jungkook's voice interrupted his own.

'I promise you.'

“It amuses me that you would think I would care about his death. Warriors die everyday Jin, he was just one of many with an unfortunate fate," Jungkook said, casually.