6] A gift.

CHAPTER -VI

Taehyung walked behind Jungkook into the castle, guards surrounded the perimeter, and were on their knees the instant Jungkook had blessed their presence, or the appearance of both of them. He wasn’t sure. The castle had no hint of blood, or cries and screams like he had thought he would be welcomed with. Instead It was rather regular, not as luxurious or dazzling as Jin's but it had a homely feel he could get used to. It was painted grey, with glass doors that hid the inside from the out. Jungkook looked like he belonged here. With every twist and turn of the halls following his steps, rather than him being guided. He didn’t just belong here, he owned it, alongside everything else inside the Kingdom.

Jungkook gestured around him, vaguely to the walls and the various art hung every few feet. “You’ll have someone show you around, and eventually it’ll feel like you built these walls yourself.”

Taehyung drifted his eyes from Jungkook's back to the paintings on the wall, he stopped when his eyes landed on a blurry one. He felt his skin prickling at the familiarity. Of the trees, the blurry roads and the houses painted in copper colours. On the furthest of the houses on the left was an open window with an unclear figure looking out. He squinted like it would reveal the person, but it did nothing. He held onto Jungkook's shirt to stop him.

“What’s this?”

Jungkook followed his view and shifted, straightening his posture. “It’s exactly what you think it is.”

“Why do you possess a painting of my clan's compound?” he asked, apprehensively. Looking away to set his eyes on red beaming back at him. For a moment Jungkook didn’t say anything. Taehyung assumed he was thinking of what to say, or what not to say.

“It was almost five years ago, I was there with my father. I thought it was beautiful.”

“So you painted it?”

Jungkook laughed, and shook his head. “I don’t have the talent, I ordered someone to go visit the next day so they could accurately paint it, I added some details here and there that I thought were vital that was missed.” He smiled, and stepped away following the direction they were headed too again. “The window was shut and covered in his version, he had missed the most important detail.”

“Of the figure?”

“Yes.”

“Whoever it was must have really caught your eye.”

“It was a sight of beauty, it put the moon to shame.”

Taehyung pursed his lips. But he didn’t comment back. Once again he followed Jungkook into an area he wasn’t familiar with. They were both standing in the middle, Jungkook lifted his hands and the doors locked behind them in one swift motion. He took in the room, a long dining table and chairs placed on either side tucked neatly in. There was no food on the table and by the size of it seemed like it was the main dining area. Empty glasses were placed on top and alcohol was served up on a smaller table beside it. Taehyung glanced at the doors and then back at Jungkook raising his brow.

Jungkook moved back and settled on the edge of the table, crossing his arms. Taehyung didn’t move. He was only a few steps away from him.

“Go on then.”

Taehyung copied his movement and crossed his arms, tightening his jaw. He didn’t speak.

Jungkook huffed out air as he rubbed his chin, looking perplexed for a brief second before returning back to his usual self. “Do something, anything.” He leaned forward, hands on his knees. “You’re so quiet. Scream, cry, yell. React like a person.”