01

Were you always afraid when you went to the city to work?

Yes. Of course you were afraid.

Your paths that you had to walk to the city were either through the forest, which is the shorter way, or along the path of merchants and travelers that leads past the cliffs and the beach.

The forest was the most dangerous place. There were a lot of wild animals there. And even more dangerous creatures.

The cliffs and beach were beautiful. The port nearby, the main beach, and other places where the water flowed deeper into the land.

All surrounded by the beauty of nature.

No wonder the ancestors wanted to settle here.

A beautiful land. Full of comfort and safety. Where game that can be hunted runs through meadows filled with flowers.

Unless you are that animal. And someone is hunting you...

Flower Island has one very cruel thing about it. It's a big island, practically filled with magic. That's why this place is full of non-humans. Elves, imps, trolls. They all live on this great island. Even though the villagers of your village protect this place. And it turned out that there are not that many magical creatures here.

You were sorry to hear that the people you deal with on a daily basis attack everything that has ever had magic.

Anything other than human.

Everything that looks different than God created it.

For them, only animals and people were to exist.

They overlooked creatures that live much longer.

Every creature can live. You can't kill something if it doesn't apply.

You can help prepare food from animals. You can cut meat, skin skins, and help with other activities.

However, you would never be able to look at the same thing when it is done with a conscious being. With someone whose intelligence is the same as that of a human. Or just similar.

You wouldn't be able to watch the suffering of a creature who lives as he was told to live. As it was created.

You don't support the killing of magical creatures. Especially if they are human-like creatures.

You understand that your village must defend itself. You understand that no one wants to get hurt or die.

You are very afraid yourself.

The world is full of dangers. Even if magical creatures are beautiful, you are afraid of most. Because many of them live creating a threat to humans.

That's why every step you take outside the village's safe zone may be your last.

You lived some distance from the town where the peasants from your old village had settled.

What happened to the last one was terrible.

One day, while you were helping your mother around the house, you felt an earthquake. You were five then.

Very quickly the piers were destroyed by the water. So is ice.

Trees fell, roofs of houses cracked.

All because of strong waves in the sea. By the wind that tore everything off the ground.

When the same behavior persisted for the next few days, the village authorities decided to evacuate. And find shelter in a village on the other end of the island.