Chapter 36 - The Talk

3rd of June, 1995
Brooklyn and Janet are 29, Michael is 36

Brooklyn: "Oh, Janet, she's absolutely gorgeous!" aunt Rose said, admiring baby Kate.

She was now a little over nine months old and she was the most beautiful baby ever. I couldn't adore her more.

"That's 'cause she looks like her." Brandon laughed.

Janet rolled her eyes and played with Kate's hand.

Aunt Rose and my cousins, Georgie and Emma, decided to pay us a visit. I called Janet and Brandon over because I knew Rose wanted to see them. Of course, my brother was here with his little family, and dad too.

My two cousins have grown up so much. Georgie was 16, and Emma was 15.

"When can we go on the rides?" Georgie asked, glancing outside.

"When Michael gets back." I answered.

"Speaking of Michael," Emma said, my husband's name coming out of her mouth in a cheeky tone. "Where is he?"

"Ugh, Em, you can't have a crush on your cousin's husband, it's just wrong." her brother groaned.

She hit his arm, "I don't have a crush on him!"

"Right, I'm sorry. You're obsessed. She has hundreds of posters of him in her room!"

"I might have a few posters of him in my room. Plus, every girl is like, obsessed with him. I'm not that different." Emma scoffed.

"Then you should consider yourself lucky, Em. You're legally related to him." I told her.

"Yeah, but I don't get to fuck him like you do." my cousin mumbled under her breath.

Janet let out a chuckle, and Rose looked terrified.

"Emma!" she scolded, making her daughter look away.

She's jealous of me. That's cute.

"Don't try stealing my man, kid." I warned and winked.

It made her smile. "He's sexy."

"Now that's something we can both agree on."

Emma has grown into a beautiful young lady. She had green eyes that matched her mother's and my own, with dark brown hair that made them pop out.

"So... When is he coming back?"

I shook my head and laughed.

Thinking of Michael made me frown all of a sudden. To think it was a year ago when I was ready to give up our marriage. A year ago he broke my heart. I fully forgave him since then, and he knew that.

He tried to make up for it so much by always telling me where he went. Even inside the house, he'd tell me.

Like today, I knew he went to cut his hair. He said he's trimming it a bit, since it got so long.

My thoughts were interrupted by Kate's crying.

"Aww, honey. Shh, it's okay. Mommy's here." Janet cooed her daughter.

"Babe, something smells." Brandon commented.

"I think she did a number two." Georgie scrunched his nose.

Janet sighed, "Fine, I'll go change her."

~

Michael: I closed the front door and took off my sunglasses.

I was determined to have the baby talk with my wife today. It seemed like the perfect time, especially when I knew she was gonna be in a good mood because of my changed hair.