Chapter 75 - Hormones

16th of May, 2009
Brooklyn and Janet are 43, Michael is 50

Michael: This baby was starting to effect all of us.

Brooke, of course, was tired and cranky. Her bump was forming more and more each day, and how could I not adore it? I even felt this tiny baby kick.

The kids were enjoying the fact that their mother was home now, and like me, they couldn't shake that happy feeling that this baby will be here soon.

I returned home later than planned. Rehearsals were lasting longer these past few days, because we had things to work out. This tour had to be perfect.

When I reached our bedroom door, Brooklyn was standing there with her arms crossed over her chest, and an irritated look on her face.

She was not liking the idea of me coming home so late. Mostly because we both knew that if she stayed on this tour she would never let this happen.

"It is 1:30 in the morning, Michael." she said.

"I know, I'm sorry... We had a lot going on today." I apologized, reaching out my hand to take hers.

She snatched it away and rolled her eyes at me, going into the room.

"Okay, what did I do? I know you're not mad at me coming late, so what's this attitude all about?" I asked when I followed her.

She didn't make a sound as she got into bed.

"Baby, come on... You know I'm not responsible for being late from rehearsals."

"I was waiting for you today at 2, just like we scheduled with Dr. James and you didn't show up," she murmured, throwing an ultrasound picture on our big bed. "Congrats, daddy, you're having another baby boy."

"Oh, Jeez... Babe, I'm really, truly, sorry."

"Save it, Michael. I'm going to sleep."

I sighed, "Goodnight."

I walked to the bathroom door and reached for the handle. Just as I grabbed it, Brooke cleared her throat.

"I hope you didn't forget that it's your sister's birthday. There's a party in the evening." she said.

I closed my eyes, staying quiet.

"Of course you'd forget that, too... Jesus..."

I decided to let her calm down, because I knew I wouldn't win this argument, especially when she's as hormonal as she is. So I got into the bathroom and locked the door.

~

Brooklyn was sleeping when I returned to the bedroom.

I slid into bed next to her.

My eyes wouldn't close. I was too hyped to sleep.

A good cuddle could be useful right now.

I looked at my wife who had her back turned to me.

"Brooke," I whispered, coming closer to her. "Babe, can we cuddle? I can't fall asleep."

She only stirred a bit, but didn't wake up.

"Babe, please..."

She groaned and turned to face me, her eyes slightly opened.

"What?" Brooke mumbled.

"I need a cuddle." I told her.

"You don't deserve to cuddle us."

"I know, but I really can't sleep..."