Chapter 77 - Morphine

8th of June, 2009
Brooklyn is 43, Michael is 50

Brooklyn: "Mommy, Blanket is being annoying again!" Kamron yelled loudly from his room.

Save me.

The kids finished school a few days ago, and guess who had to entertain them?

I groaned as I stood up from the comfortable position I was in. Paris and I were watching a movie together, but I couldn't really enjoy the time with my daughter when Kamron and Blanket weren't getting along.

"I wish Prince was here." I mumbled to Paris. My eldest son was sleeping over at Ryan's since yesterday and he was supposed to spend the rest of the week there.

"Me too. You know I love you, mommy, but this movie is really boring." she said.

"Boring? It's one of the greatest movies of all time!" I scoffed. "Do you have another movie you'd like to watch?"

"High School Musical!" she smiled.

"Fine. Put it in, I'll go see what your brothers want."

"Mommy!" Kamron yelled, again.

I took in a deep breath before going to his room.

"You guys," I sighed when I saw them fighting. "This has to stop. You can't keep calling me whenever you have a disagreement. Your dad doesn't want me on my feet too much, so I can't keep going back and forth like this. Now you either get along, or Blanket can go to his room and neither of you would have a good time. I'm serious."

"I'm sorry, mommy." Blanket apologized.

Kamron nodded, "Me too."

"Thank you. Be the good boys you are."

I returned to Paris after they gave me a hug.

She already started the movie, and was deep in it.

"Do I really have to watch this?" I asked.

"Yes." she answered.

I sighed, lying down on the couch we shared. I put my head on one of the couch pillows.

I didn't even notice that I fell asleep.

~

Michael: I wasn't home so late today. It was around 11:30 PM when I closed the front door.

"Daddy!" I heard.

Paris, Kamron, and Blanket ran to me.

They were all dressed in their pajamas. I smiled and hugged each one.

"Why are you still awake?" I questioned.

"We're on summer vacation, daddy. And we were in the middle of a movie." Paris said.

"Where's your mom?"

"She fell asleep around dinner time on the couch."

I chuckled, "Okay, go continue your movie."

They took me with them to the living room, and I immediately noticed Brooklyn who was sleeping on the bigger couch.

"We tried waking her up, but she kept telling us to go away," Kamron told me. "Why is the baby making her so tired?"

"Because, Kammy, he's living and growing inside her. It's really hard for her to have another human being inside." I sighed.

I turned to my wife, "Babe... You have to wake up."

Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled sleepily at me.

"You're home," she rubbed her eyes, sitting up. "What time is it?"