Chapter 10 - Things Get Dirty (Without Diana)

22nd of April, 1986
Brookyln is 20, Michael is 27

Michael: Steve stopped the car in front of Brooke's house, and I thanked him. 
She was finally going home today. Don't get me wrong, I loved having her with us at the house, and I'd take care of her any time. But, she needed to be home, and sort out things with Joshua.
Brooklyn got out of the car, and I followed her. She sighed before opening the door.
Chris smiled at us, then hugged his sister. Joshua was next, and Brooke hugged him tightly.
"Thank you." Chris told me. 
I nodded, "Of course. I'm just happy she's herself again."
"Yeah, me too."
"Baby, I think I'll be going." I said.
"No, Mike, stay. It's okay, reall-" Brooke started saying, but I cut her off. 
"You three need to be alone. I'll call you in a few hours." I smiled. 
She kissed me, and pulled me into a hug. 
"Thank you, Michael. For everything." Joshua shook my hand.
I put my sunglasses on before opening the door. I walked to the car, and started my very long day.

~

16th of May, 1986
Brooklyn and Janet are 20, Michael is 27

Janet: It's my 20th birthday today. My mother, La Toya, Randy, Rebbie, and Michael were getting everything ready for my party downstairs, and didn't allow me to get out of my room.
Brooklyn was supposed to come any minute now. When I talked to her on the phone, she said she had a surprise for me. 
After a few more minutes of doing nothing, I heard laughter coming from downstairs. Soon after that, my best friend opened my bedroom door.
She was holding a garment bag, and smiled widely.
"Happy birthday, Jan!" she squealed and hugged me.
"Thanks." I smiled at her, and looked curiously at the bag.
"Oh," Brooke said, "Guess who got your maid of honor dress?"
"No way! Really?" I asked. 
She nodded, "Yeah, they called me yesterday. I figured today would be a good day to give it to you. I already gave La Toya and Rebbie theirs. They came out perfect." 
About two weeks ago we decided it was time to finally find some dresses for us, the bridesmaids. 
So, Linda McCartney came, and my two sisters did as well.
"I wanna see it!" 
I carefully took it from her, and opened the bag. I looked at it, amazed.
"Oh, wow," I mumbled, "It's beautiful."
"Yeah. You better watch out, you're going to be prettier than the bride." Brooklyn laughed.
I rolled my eyes, and ran a hand through the light fabric. The dress was red, and it was going to match Michael's custom made tuxedo. 
"Mike is going to love it." I told her. 
"I know," she smiled, "Put it on." 

~

Brooke: Janet put on her dress inside her room, while I waited outside.
I heard footsteps, and turned around to see who it was.
Michael smiled when he appeared at the top of the stairs.
"Did she kick you out?" he asked.
"No, she's changing into her bridesmaid dress. Stay, I want you to see it." I answered. 
"Isn't that forbidden or something?" Michael said.
I rolled my eyes, "No, dummy. That rule only applies to you and me."
He covered his eyes, pretending to search for me.
"Mike, what are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm not allowed to see you until the wedding." 
What a goofball. 
He laughed when he removed his hands, and hugged me from behind.
"I want you to come over on Monday," Michael started saying, and took my hand in his, "To meet someone very special to me."
"Who?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Diana Ross." he answered. Finally. I've been wanting to meet her for a long time.
I nodded, and he buried his face in my neck. He loved doing that, knowing it would drive me crazy. My fiancé started kissing the sensitive skin, making his way up to my jawline.
"Michael-" I started saying, but he shut me up by turning me around and kissing me fully on the lips.
I heard someone clearing his throat, so I quickly pushed Michael away.
Randy was smirking at the two of us, "Mother needs your help."
"Tell her we'll be right down." Michael mumbled as he turned into a deep shade of red.
"Aww, Mikey, don't be shy." Randy said.
"Just go." 
Randy laughed to himself on his way downstairs. 
The door to Janet's room was opened. She stood in front of us, and smiled shyly.
"Jan, you look amazing." I said. It fit her perfectly, and red looked so beautiful on her.
"Wow." I heard Michael say.
Janet blushed and covered her face. 
"Don't do that. You're beautiful."
"Thanks, Mike," she said, "But wait until you see Brooke's dress."
"He'll have to wait for that." I said, and they both laughed.

~

20th of May, 1986
Brooklyn and Janet are 20, Michael is 27

Michael: I awoke that morning, and got ready for the day ahead.
There wasn't much today, thankfully. I had a meeting with Quincy Jones, and then Diana and Brooklyn are coming for lunch.
"Good morning, Michael." my mother said when I walked into the kitchen.
I hugged her, and greeted her back.
I looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost eight in the morning, and I had to leave in a few minutes.
"What is on your schedule for today?" she asked.
"I have a meeting with Quincy in about an hour, and then Diana and Brooke are coming here." I answered. She nodded slightly, offering me something to eat.
"No, thank you. I'll wait for lunch." 
Mother sighed, "Tell Quincy I said 'hello'." She stepped out of the kitchen, and I heard a car horn from outside.
The black Rolls Royce was waiting for me, as usual.
Brandon opened the door for me, and smiled tiredly at me.
"Good morning." I said.
"Good morning, Mike." 
He got in after me, and Steve drove off as soon as possible.

~

I hugged Quincy tightly. We sat down, and started talking about my new album, "Bad".
I've already written some partcial songs, but non of them are finished. 
Quincy looked like his mind was somewhere else. He just wasn't himself.
"Quincy, what's bothering you?" I asked. 
"Huh?" he mumbled, looking up at me. "Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it." 
"Come on, you can tell me. Is it the lyrics?" I said.
"No, no. Your lyrics are amazing, Mike." he smiled.
I raised my eyebrows, waiting for his answer.
"Joseph called me earlier."
"What did he say?" 
Quincy sighed, "He said he's worried about your carrier. He's afraid that you'll let your fans down by marrying Brooklyn."
No, not that again.
"Well, that's not true at all, and you know that. My fans understand, they're happy for us." I told him. It was true; in every encounter I've had with my fans so far, they told me how happy they are that I'm happy.
"I didn't say it was true. Joseph wanted me to 'talk some sense into you', I guess. As long as I'm invited to the wedding, it's fine." he winked, then smiled at me.
I smiled back. That triggered it, though. Joseph just can't go and say these kind of things. I'm going to talk to him.
"What's on your mind, Michael?" Quincy asked.
"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it." I answered. He rolled his eyes at my response.

~

I walked into my parents' house, and took off my sunglasses. Voices were coming from the living room, so I went to see who it was.
My mother, Jackie, Janet, Brooklyn, and Joseph were sitting there. They were all talking, except for Joseph. Typical, he didn't talk much.
"Michael, you're home." my father said.
Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. They all smiled.
"Baby, what are you doing here? You were only supposed to be here in three hours." I asked Brooke.
"Can't I visit my best friend?" she said.
I chuckled, "Of course you can." 
My fiancée stood up and kissed me. I pulled her closer, just enjoying the moment.
"Michael." Joseph said sternly. I sighed, and broke the kiss.
"Joseph," I mumbled. "I need to talk to you."
He nodded slightly and we walked outside. 
"Joseph, you can't ask my producer to talk to me about Brooklyn. If you have a problem, just tell me yourself! I've had enough of your negative thinking about her. I'm marrying her whether you like it or not." I said when we were finally away from everyone.
I could see he was surprised at my outburst. Well, he shouldn't be. He brought it upon himself.
"Boy, if you marry that girl your carrier will be ruined. Your fans will be disappointed, she'll distract you from the music." 
"You can't decide for me, Joseph. This is my life, you can't control me anymore." 
He was now looking me straight in the eyes, and he had that mad expression on his face I hated so much. 
I didn't want to get too serious with him, really. I just had to take out the anger from before.
I sighed and turned away.
"Don't you dare walk away from me, boy." Joseph threatened. 
I ignored him, and kept walking towards the door.