Chapter 73 - Valentine's Day

14th of February, 2009
Brooklyn is 43, Michael is 50

Brooklyn: It's been a little over two weeks since I told Michael I quit.

Ever since then, he tried his best to make up for it. He organized an entire party for Prince for tomorrow evening, and tried spending as much time with our kids as possible.

Surprisingly, he didn't bother me even a little about the tour, although I knew he started working with Travis Payne. I made it clear to him that I don't want to talk about it, so he respected that and it was never mentioned unless I asked how his day was.

And I was up walking and dancing again, thankfully.

Today was Valentine's Day, and Michael already started the day with making me a Valentine's Day breakfast.

We had heart-shaped pancakes, then some hot cocoa.

Since it was Saturday, the kids weren't even awake yet, so we had the whole house to ourselves.

I was washing the dishes while Michael had his arms around my waist.

"So I have something to tell you... But you have to promise not to get mad." he said.

I stopped what I was doing and turned to face him.

I don't like where this is going...

"I'm listening."

"AEG gave me a deal... You'll return to be my lead choreographer, and I have to sign to do an extra of forty shows. I agreed. Babe, I need you to do this with me... Please..."

I scoffed, looking down.

"You did not- I can't believe you. I made it clear that I don't wanna do anything with this tour. And fifty shows?! You won't handle that, Michael! I can allow ten shows, but fifty?! That's too much for you!"

"I can do this, Brooke... But only if you join me. Please, I need you... I need you to help me prepare my body for this, because you know me more than Travis or anyone else..." he grabbed both of my hands and looked me in the eyes, searching for an answer. "I'll beg, I'll do anything you want. Just please help me..."

"No, I don't want you to beg. What I want is for you to stay home... Fifty shows, Mike? That's too much. I rather not do this at all than watch you do something you can't handle." I said.

"Please, baby..."

He had tears in his eyes as he pulled me to him and started crying into my shoulder, "I want to work with you one last time, Brooke... To dance like we used to. I want my kids to see me perform... I want them to experience what the audience experienced when they saw me live... I want them to see us together where we're the most comfortable with each other, where our love started. Please do this with me one last time..."

I sniffled into his curly hair, hoping to stop my own tears, and ran my fingers through it gently.

I couldn't handle him when he cried.

"Daddy?" I heard all of a sudden.

Michael pulled away from me, wiping his tears before turning around.

"Good morning, Princess." he said softly.

Paris hugged him tightly and he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Why was daddy crying?" my daughter whispered to me as she gave me a hug.

"I can't say, Paris." I told her.

Michael cleared his throat.

"Parry, are you hungry?" he asked, his voice breaking.