12 - baby you and me are a twisted fantasy

|| sung hanbin's pov:

-haesunnie <3-

hanbin!!

is everything alright?

can you please pretend to be my boyfriend?

i stared at my screen in shock due to her unusual request. the following week from the letter had gone on as if nothing had happened. just two best friends. yet my heart fluttered in my chest and my thoughts were scattered all over the place.

why would she need me to be her boyfriend? or pretend to be her boyfriend. i wasn't really sure how to respond. yes, i do want to be her boyfriend. but she wants me to fake being her boyfriend. ughhhh how am i supposed to word it where i don't sound desperate? she already knows that i like her.

-haesunnie <3-

what?

just for this weekend
i told my cousin i had a bf and i don't wanna tell her that we broke up. she's coming to the talent show portion of the music festival to watch me but she's super judgy.
pleaseeeeeee

sure, i'll do it for you

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH 💕

how am i supposed to fake being someone's boyfriend? i guess if i just stay close with her and flirt a bit i'll pass.

i had decided that i wasn't going to perform a song at the talent show. it wasn't my thing. i was a dancer. so i had prepared to dance to exo's 'love me right'. it was a good song after all.

i quickly picked up the choreography a few weeks prior to the show. wait-

how did she want me to pretend to be her boyfriend? i wondered.

actually that would be easy. the more important thing was how would hao react? did she tell him already?

-haesunnie <3-

btw
did u tell hao i'm gonna pretend to be ur bf?

...not yet

i highly suggest that u do

i will dw

|| two days later...

the talent show was held at a large open plaza down the block from the school. there was a large empty stage set up in the center of the plaza. some performers were dressed up a little, others...not so much. i wore something a little nicer than normal but of course nothing too formal. i did plan on dancing after all.

oh right, i remembered. hao and haesun are performing together.

i wonder how that will go.

my performance was more towards the end so i found a seat in the crowd. i sat on the left side of the audience. there were a few empty seats next to me. i scrolled through apps on my phone. in the corner of my eye, i noticed someone take a seat next to me.