Chapter two

I was thinking about so many things that I must have fell asleep from exhaustion.  Because the next thing I knew, I opened my eyes to find myself in a familiar castle like structure.

My heart rate increased as I realized that maybe this wasn't one of my usual nightmares.

The familiar castle was one I knew well.  I felt goosebumps on my arm's and my breathing became shallow.

I swallowed hard, "Hello?"  I call out.  I bit my nail's and waited.  I didn't know why I was here or who or what brought me here and to be completely honest, I didn't want to know.

I was caught off guard when I heard a familiar laugh booming throughout the room.

Now if my heart wasn't beating fast before, it definitely was now.  I felt like I was about to pass out. 

Before I could say or do anything else a bright white light appeared in front of me.  In a second it was gone, and replaced with Bill Cipher in front of me.  At first I didn't even think it was him.  But there was no mistaking that laugh. 

So when I saw something that looked human in front of me, I was a little caught off guard.

Although he looked human, it was obvious that it was the same demon that had tried to kill me a year ago.  But now he was taller than me as a human, not a lot taller, but taller.  He had jet black hair with a yellow streak in it.  He wore a black suit and his eyes were yellow.  A sense of daja vu washes over me as I looked at the outfit and eyes.

"Hi pinetree."  He said with a smile.  I felt frozen, and confused.

"Why am I here."  I demanded.

"No hi back?"  He asked sarcastically. 

"Why am I here, Bill."  I asked again.  He let out a chuckle.

"I've been watching your family pinetree,"  he began, "you seem to be the only one who doesn't care that I'm alive.  You've accepted it, haven't you?"

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I'm standing up for you."  The thought of standing up for the demon in front of me made me cringe.  He smirked at me.

"That's why you're smarter than the rest of your family.  Tell me, how much credit have you gotten, compared to the rest of your family?"  He asked me.  I shook my head.

"Don't do that."  I demanded, "I don't care if I get 'credit' for anything."

"But you deserve it."  He said while walking over to one of the windows.  I rolled my eyes.  "Tell me pinetree, was it worth it?"

"My sister is safe.  My family is safe.  That's all that matters to me."  I said firmly.  He turned back to look at me.

"You deserve a lot better.  Pinetree, you always put your family before yourself.  When was the last time someone did that for you?"  He asked me.  I felt myself freeze again as I began to think.  I know he's right, but I didn't want to admit it.  If I admitted it he would try to make a deal with me and like I said, I'm not doing all that shit this summer.

"No one needs to.  I never put myself into a situation I can't get out of by myself."  I finally replied.

"Hm."  Was all he said.

"So why am I here?"  I demanded again.  He walked closer to me and I could feel my heart start to race.

"I presume your family is going to try to kill me again."  He begins, "you know I can't be killed.  I need you to convince them to not look for me."

"And why should I do that."  I asked him.

"You want your family to be safe don't you?"  He was a few inches away from me and I felt my heart rate increase with every passing second.

I nod in response to his question and he continued, "everyone in my dimension is waiting for Ford to rebuild that portal so he can come kill me.  If you don't want your family to be killed then you have to convince them that I'm not going to do anything to any of you."  His voice was cold and it sent shivers down my spine.

"And why should I believe you?  After everything.  How do I know this isn't a trick?  Because it probably is."  I demand back at him.  His face seemed to soften and he backed away from me a little bit. 

Weird.

"I don't blame you for not trusting me."  He shrugged, "but pinetree, I'm being serious.  If you don't want your family killed then you have to tell them to not look for me.  You can tell them to still be cautious, they can still look for answers, but whatever you do; do not let them look for me.  Understand?"  He asked.  I ran what he was saying in my head.  Nothing was making sense and it hurt my head.

"I would have killed you all if I wanted to already."  He added, seeing me hesitate.

"I know how your deal's work, Bill."  I said in a flat voice.  "What do you want in return?"

His face showed amusement which scared me.  He walked closer to me, inches in front of me just like before.

"You'll find that out later."  He said shortly while looking down at me.  I gave him a questioning look.

"I don't know if I trust that."  My lips pressed into a straight line.

"See, you have to ask yourself now.  What one is more important: you, or your family?"  He asked, his voice just above a whisper.  I hesitated and he held his hand out.

I shook his hand firmly before waking up with Mabel standing over me.

___

Word Count: 986
Date Published: 5/7/23