Chapter eight

I racked my brain trying to think of what to do now.  Why would he care?

I realized that I had been sleeping for thirteen hours.  Holy shit.

I got up and left my room, going to get something to eat.  Before I even made it downstairs Ford yelled for me.

I walked into the living room, wearing my navy blue hoodie and black sweat pants.

"What."  I said, completely exhausted and not in the mood to deal with him.

"You told everyone in town you're a fag?!"  He yelled at me.  I stare at him.

"You have a lot of nerve to be yelling that at me dude."  I shoved him away from me.  "First off, don't use that word, second of all I've been sleeping for the past thirteen hours so I have no idea what the fuck is going on, third I didn't even want anyone to know in the first place!" 

"Madison, Dipper, whatever the fuck your name is!"  He yelled in frustration.  It was a little funny to watch, "you have until the end of the day tomorrow to get your stuff and get out of my house."

I stare at him, feeling my heart break.

"Ford."  Stan turned to him and Ford out his hand out, shushing him.

"Do I make myself clear?"  He asked me.  I nod.

"Yeah.  Loud and clear."  I rolled my eyes and ran back upstairs.

I heard muffled voices from downstairs but I didn't care to figure out who's they were.

I grabbed my bag and threw a bunch of clothes in it.  I didn't know where I was going to go and honestly, it'd probably be better then being here.

I decided that I would leave tomorrow around noon.  That would give me enough time to figure out where I was going to go.

I don't want to go back to California.  It I go back without Mabel it'll start a bunch of family drama that I don't want to deal with.

But I'm not staying in Gravity Fall's either.  Now that everyone knows about me I'm sure no one will want me here anyway.

For the first time in my life I felt like I truly had no one.  I had always had Mabel but now I couldn't even think about her without anger filling my body.

I can't believe I ever trusted her.  She's my twin and I can't even trust her.  I should have never gave up that opportunity last summer because she wanted me to.  I should have skipped grades in school and left her behind.

I threw my bag onto the ground and stood in my room numbly.  What am I supposed to do now?

Before I had time to do anything, I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in?"  I half asked.  The door opened, revealing Stan.

"Hey kiddo.  Can we talk?"  He asked.  I nod, confused.

We both sit down on my bed and he sighed.  I didn't know where to look so I just looked at the ground.

"Listen kid, I'm talking to Ford right now.  He's acting irrational and being stupid.  You don't have to leave, Dipper."  He said in a voice I've never heard from him before.  He sounded sad, and maybe even scared. 

"If he doesn't want me here then I'll leave."  I kicked my feet back and forth, "besides if Mabel told everyone here then there's no point in staying."

I heard him let out a breath next to me.

I felt him put an arm on my shoulder.  I finally looked at him.

"You're a brave kid, Mason.  You're going to do great things in life."  He smiled.  I smiled back and hugged him.

I know Ford will never be supportive and I know Mabel can't undo what she's done.  But knowing that Stan was supportive and Wendy, maybe even Soos now gave me a lot of comfort and now it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and it felt great.

"I'm still going to talk to him, alright?"  Stan asked while pulling out of the hug and standing up.  I nodded.

"Thanks Stan."  I smiled at him.

He nodded and left my room, shutting my door behind him.

I let out a long breath and closed my eyes.

I didn't know what was going to happen next.  What I did know was that Bill was right when it came to the anger part of everything.

I can't believe Mabel did that.  I can't  believe she would betray me like that after everything I've ever done for her. 

Maybe Bill could help me.

___

Word Count: 781
Date Published: 5/8/23