Chapter twelve

He teleported us to a familiar place.  The place where we would talk in my dreams.  Well, I guess they were really dreams.  But, close enough.

"Aren't there monsters who want to kill me here?"  I asked him.  He scoffed.

"I told them not to do anything to you."  He said.

"Oh."  Was all I could reply with as I looked around the room.  I felt his eyes on me.

"I'll show you your bedroom, come on."  He said.  I followed him curiously.

"I get a bedroom?"  I asked while trailing behind him, looking at the wall's. 

"Obviously.  You're not going to sleep on the hallway floor."  I couldn't see his face, but I could feel him roll his eyes.

He stopped and opened the door on the left side of the end of the hallway.

The bedroom actually looked like a normal bedroom which I was sort of surprised by.  The wall's were a light grey and there was white carpeting.  The bed was a king sized bed and it was placed in the left corner of the room.  There was a nightstand next to it and a closet on the other side of the room.  There was also a desk that was next to the closet with an office chair.  There was another door in the bedroom which was open, leading to a bathroom.

"It's nice."  I said as we walked inside.

"It's basic.  I'll give you a different one soon."  He shrugged as he looked around.  "Anyway, I'll give you the tour if you want."

I nodded in response and we left my new bedroom.

The tour was really short.  I think he grew tired or bored of it.

There was actually a lot of the same rooms that humans have.  A library, a few offices, even a kitchen and some bathrooms.  There were some room's that he refused to show me and I didn't bother to figure out why.

He showed me his bedroom which was basically just like mine but a bigger version.  It was right across from my bedroom and for some reason that gave me a lot of comfort.

"So will you tell me now why you care so much about what was happening?"  I asked him as we walked back down the hallway.  He grinned at that.

"I told you to figure it out."  He shrugged.  I groaned in frustration. 

This is going to drive me crazy.

___

Word Count: 413
Dare Published: 5/12/23