Chapter fourteen

"What is that supposed to mean?"  I asked him.  I saw his lips turn into a smirk.

"You can figure it out."  He said confidently.  I felt my heat race increase even more, if that was possible.

"I'm confused."  I admitted.  He sat silently for a minute while staring at me.

"I'll give you a hint."  He said quickly before placing his lips on mine.

I didn't know how to react, but I found myself kissing him back.  Maybe it was then when I realized that I had feelings for him.  His soft lips just felt perfect on mine, the moment felt perfect.  It felt safe and comforting and for the first time in forever I actually felt like someone cared about me.

He moved away from me quickly but remained staring at me.

"Since when?"  I asked him while looking at the ground.  I felt my face turn red the more I thought about everything that was happening and everything that was going to happen.

"I don't know."  He admitted while fiddling with his hands.  I nodded.

There was a minute of silence and he let out a sigh.

"So?"  He asked impatiently.  I laugh a little bit and pulled him closer to me.

"You're an idiot."  I muttered before kissing him again.

___

Word Count: 222
Date Published: 5/14/23