Chapter nine

I don't know when I fell back asleep.  But apparently I did since I was now standing in front of Bill.

"Sixer really kicked you out?"  He asked me, almost in amusement but with a little bit a worry.  I shrugged.

"You've been watching my family?"  I asked him in response.  He grinned to that.

"Had to make sure he wouldn't hurt you."  He said, amusement still covered his voice.  "Where are you planning on going?"

I shrugged again, "no idea."

"Can't you go back to California?"  He asked me.  I nodded.

"I could, but I don't want to."  I sighed.  He stepped closer to me, now inches away from me.

"So you're just going to live on the streets?"  He asked me.

"Pretty much."  I shrugged for a third time.  He shook his head. 

"You're living with me."  He demanded.  I look at him, completely confused.

"What?"

"You're living with me."  He repeated.  "In my dimension."

"I would rather be homeless in my dimension than be in a dimension with a bunch of monsters who tried to kill me when I was twelve.  Thanks for the offer though."  I said sarcastically.  His face grew dangerous and I knew that was my cue to stop talking.

"It wasn't an offer pinetree."  He said in a voice that sent shivers down my spine.

"What?"  I asked stupidly.

"You are coming to my dimension and living with me."  He demanded.  "Tomorrow."

I slammed upward in my bed, panic began to take over my body.

I was going to live with the devil.

And I knew nobody would care.

___

Word Count: 274
Date Published: 5/11/23