Chapter 3

As I pull up in front of our home, our first house we got after we got married, I take a deep breath

As I pull up in front of our home, our first house we got after we got married, I take a deep breath. I look down at my steering wheel and I nod.

You can do this. You have to do this.

I grab my bag and I get out. I walk up to the front door and I ring the door bell. It doesn't feel right to just walk in anymore.

This doesn't feel like home anymore.

I wait and the door swings open. He stands tall like he usually does, he looks me up and down. He has this serious look on his face, one that I hardly see.

"Brooke.." he says.

I take a deep breath and I walk in right past him.
"Let's talk, let's get this over with".

He shakes his head as he close the door behind him.
"I don't want to end it..".

I laugh as I look at him as if he was being serious.
"Did you expect me to come back here and take you back? To ignore what you did and pretend that we are a happy couple. You are the one who fucked up here, not me. You cheating on me doesn't go unnoticed".

He nods and walks to the kitchen.
"Follow me so we can talk properly".

I roll my eyes and I follow him. He sits at the table and I sit down as well, across from him.

He looks at me and his face has this apologetic look all of a sudden.
"I didn't want to cheat on you, I swear. You mean everything to me. You are everything to me... I just lost control. You... intimidate me, the fact that you don't rely on me most of the time... I feel like I'm not a husband to you".

I stay silent as I listen to his bull shit.

"I know I took you from everyone, I made your relationship with your mother rocky but fuck.. that was already rocky before I got in the picture Brooke. Don't blame most of that on me. I have been more of a family than she has, fuck she hasn't even reached out to you on her own".
I stay silent.

He looks annoyed.
"That woman... she is my assistant....".

I cut him off.
"Frankly I don't care who she is and her being anything doesn't change anything. Now I'm here for explanations about everything so I can decide what to do next".

He looks at me confused.
"Do what next?".

"Don't worry about it. Now how long have you been cheating on me?" I ask.

He looks me in the eyes.
"A year now...".

I feel my heart race. A year? A fucking year?

"A year.. you have been fucking this woman in our bed for a year?" I ask.

He shakes his head.
"I have just started bringing her to the house... not... making things better".