Chapter 2

My heart drops and I could barely speak

My heart drops and I could barely speak. I felt shock then sadness then anger.

"What the fuck..?" I say out of shock. Not being able to fathom what is right in front of me.

My voice catches his attention and he stops railing her from behind. The woman moves away from him and covers herself immediately. She looks confused and scared as she looks at me and him. He sighs then lays down and I can see the regret on his face, almost like he didn't expect to be caught.

I look at him with a glare.
"Are you serious Damon? Are you actually fucking kidding me?".

He sighs again and he goes to speak. The woman looks at me and she gets up. She grabs her clothes, rushes past me and leaves immediately.

At least she knew her place.

"This is why you haven't touched me in awhile because you were busy with another woman. You didn't need me anymore, you were busy with her" I say, putting the pieces together now.

He sits up.
"Honey.... this isn't....I still love you.. Brooke".

I try to stop the tears from leaving my eyes. Don't cry, I say.
"I stopped talking to my mother because I told her I wasn't delusional for loving you, I moved here with you for you, I dropped everything for you. I married you.. we had vows.. I thought. I thought... you and I were okay. I had doubts but this... I didn't expect".

He gets off the bed, still naked and comes to me, pleading as if what he did was something he can easily plead his way out of.
"She's not the reason why I haven't fucked you or even worked on our marriage. It's just... this has been a lot. Then you spoke about kids, I got scared for a second. But I do love you, fuck! I fucking love you Brooke, that will never change."

I shake my head.
"Should've thought about that before you put your dick inside another woman. And about kids... you got that scared that cheating was the answer. Marriage is about communication, love and partnership. You.. broke that".

He pulls me close and I pull away. I take off my ring and I put it in his hand.

"I will get the rest of my things tomorrow, please don't be here when I'm here. I can't do this..".

He shakes his head, grabbing my wrist tightly.
"You're not giving up on us".

I laugh.
"If you expect me to still be married to you and be okay with this, then you really didn't know me. I hope you remember that you did this to us, not me".

I pull my wrist away from him and I walk away. I head to my office, I grab my files and my bag. I get back into my car and I head to a nearby hotel. If I didn't work for myself, I wouldn't even been able to afford a hotel. I would've been using his money, which would be another control he would have over me.