Chapter 8

We sit down at this little nice bakery, we sit across from one another and his focus was on me

"So.. tell me everything. I'm curious and excited to hear" he says.

I lean forward a bit and I nod.
"Well what do you know?".

He thinks for a moment.
"Well I know you got married to some fancy guy two years ago. I know you moved to Pennsylvania, working for some big company. And I know you and your mother haven't talked in a while".

I sigh.
"She told you huh?".

He nods.

"I'm surprised you still talk to my mother, why?" I ask.

He laughs.
"Well she did want us together at one point, I was the first guy and only guy she liked that you brought home".

I laughed.
"I brought you home as a friend. You occasionally flirted with me".

He nods and rolls his eyes.
"Ok you're right, I'm guilty. But how could I not? You are amazing and I loved every moment we spent together when we were little kids all the way up until we were 21. Until you... left."

The silence filled the air. I regret leaving Andrei in the open, without an explanation. But in my mind, I felt that, 6 years ago I made the right choice. The right choice of leaving my past behind.

"Well... I guess I should explain everything. Obviously I met Damon when we were 18, he is 3 years older than I am. Once I turned 21, he talked of a big future for us. To get away from our families and our problems. To experience a life with just us two, to eventually one day be more happy than we were. So I agreed, I wanted to move away and be happy. But it came with conditions. Everything was a fucking condition with Damon.

His condition was that I dropped everything and everyone. That I move on and be the perfect wife for him. So I did that, but most importantly he wanted you out of my life.

He got jealous at times when my mother favored you over him, he didn't like that I had a friend so close to me that is a guy. So I did it to make him happy. And now.... I regret it."

As I speak, I see Andrei's face change here and there. That he was hurt by my decision but that he understood it, which is something no one understood about him and I. They always thought our friendship was something more, but the fact that Andrei knew what I wanted and how I felt, that he didn't need any other explanation showed how much he knew me and got me. And that I did the same for him as well.

It brought us closer all the time. Both of our fathers left us but his mother as well. Andrei and his sister was raised by their aunt. So we bonded over that and we grew closer with age and time.

Until we got older and he grew feelings for me. My mama took notice of it and so did I, but I ignored it because I knew feelings can ruin anything good. I didn't want to ruin anything between Andrei and I so we both pretended like it never happened.