Chapter 5

"Good morning Mr

"Good morning Mr. Arias" I say as I sit down in the cafe chair.

He is in his polished suit with his black briefcase on the floor by his right leg. He shakes my hand back as we exchange greetings.

"You as well, Ms.Codona" he says.

I guess my grandmother had no clue of my marriage but then again she knew my address so she had to have known.

"So I want to fulfill my late grandmother's wishes by taking the estate but at the moment I have issues. I am going through a... complicated divorce. So I may have to leave the estate and come back here to America for certain things. The point I'm getting at is.. there anything I should be aware of. I don't want to leave it for a few days and it gets.. robbed or whatever" I say.

He chuckles.
"The part of Romania the estate is in... is safe. You also have a neighbor and he's never reported anything of the sort. Especially since he's always out of town, you should be fine Ms.Codona".

I nod.
"Thank you. Now into the details.. how does this work?".

He grabs a file out of his briefcase and puts it down on the table. He opens it and it has the deed.

He drags it in front of me and passes a pen.

"Here is the deed, already with your name on it. All you have to do is sign it. And everything else is handled. When it comes to the bills, that is mainly handled. Your grandmother didn't want to leave you burdened with more than what you're used to".

I look down at the deed and it has my name.

Not the name that I know and have lived with my whole life. My other name.

Brooke Dragomir.

I look him in the eyes.
"Wow this is really real...".

He nods.
"It is. Now you can move in by next week, the latest. When you reach Romania, call me. I'm leaving tonight to go back. I was only here for you, not used to the American lifestyle. Once you get to Romania, a car will be assigned for you to take you home. There you will get the key and everything else will be clear for you."

I nod and he gives me the deed to the house.

"Wait.. my things.. how do I..?" I ask.

He checks his phone and looks back at me.
"We will handle that for you, where are your things exactly?".

I sigh.
"Right now.. in a storage unit. It's not much things, just important things".

He nods.
"Just take me to the unit and I call a company that I know that deals with moving items across sea. It may take awhile to get there so we should do this today, so it's there by next week for you".

I nod and I stand up as I grab my bag. I walk out and he follows behind me. I get in my car and he gets in his. I start driving and I feel a smile come onto my face.