Chapter 18: Oh Zeus

"Mom stay still." I whisper to her as I stare at the monster in front of me. The beast slips it's tongue out licks side of my face as I whimper in fear.

"Cassie, let me distract it as you leave. Please you're my daughter." She tries to escape my hold.

"Mom i'm Luna let me do my job." I stand up and slowly move to the other side as its beady blood shot eyes stare at me. As I study the thing in front of me I notice it has a necklace, the necklace has the same design as- no it can't be, it just can't.

"Cassie!" My mom disrupts my thoughts.

"Mom stay there!"I say getting close to the beast, but as soon as I get closer it releases a menacing howl that ripped through the rest of the snarls and growls coming from outside. Next thing's next a pair of arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. "Let me go!" I try kicking and punching, but it's useless. I look towards my mom only to find a man holding a knife to my mom's neck. "NO!" I yell tears flooding my eyes. "I'll go with Ajax, I swear just let my mom go, please!" The guy smirks and shoves my mom with the ground. "She's not moving. What did you do?!" I stare at my mom helplessly.

"Calm down, we just knocked her out." He places a hand on my face only to have it bit by the one and only, me. "Stupid brat!" He slaps me. Wow that's going to leave a mark, hey where'd the beast go?

"Shane will kill you." I spat.

"Well someone who's already dead can't really kill someone can they?" He laughs. 'Shane can't be dead, no, no he promised. Yeah he promised, there is no way in hell they could've killed one of the strongest alphas.'

"You're lying!" I cry out.

"Nope, now let's get you ready for Ajax. Don't want to keep him waiting do you pretty princess?" He smirks and laughs maniacally.

"Don't call me princess." I glare at him and the man holding be stars going up stairs. I stare at my mom one more time. 'At least she's fine.'

As soon as we go outside the smell of blood attacks my nose. I look around to see mutilated bodies, some without arms, some without heads, legs, organs. I almost puke at the sight, but manage to stop myself. The men suddenly stop and seem to be in a trance. Mindlink, possibly?

"Hello? You guys were in the middle of kidnapping me." Nothing. I take this as my chance to release myself from the mans firm grip on me. Wow nothing at all. I start slowly walking towards the pack house on to be stopped by something huge coming out of the woods, the beast, but this time it has a murderous look and it's covered with blood. "Shizz." Maybe I can outrun it. Ha as if! Maybe if I yell for help. "Shane!" Nothing. "Shane, please!" Nothing. Time to go with plan A. I start running as fast as possible, the sound of paws behind me only makes me run faster.

"Grab her!" Welp I guess they're out of the trance. Fruck. I run as fast as I can across the battle field, but it isn't enough for the beast tackles me to the ground and pins me down, snarling in my face. I get a clearer look at the necklace, it is, now there is no doubt of it. That was my dads signature mark, I remember because I have the same necklace. He had given it to me before he died, said it'll save me one day, if i remember clearly.

"Hey dad, going to work?" I face him, but he looks even worse than he was yesterday, he has large bags under his eyes, hair messed up, and looks awfully tired. "Or maybe you should stay home?" I suggest.

"Nah kiddo, I have stuff to do." He hugs me, tighter than usual. "I just want you too know that I will always love you, Cassie." His eyes get watery.

"Dad, what do you mean? Are you leaving us? Please don't, I need you." I hug him.

"I promise I won't leave. Keep this, " He holds out a necklace with a strange design. "it'll keep evil creatures away, might even save you one day."

"Do you mean my fear of the dark?" I ask.

"For now." He chuckles. "Now goodbye, Cassie. I love you." He kisses my forehead.

"Love you too, dad." And with that he left me, as I put on my necklace.

I was only 11, but then he came back as a turd. I try to squirm underneath the monstrosity, my arm gets free and I put my necklace for the thing to see. It stares at it for a moment before getting off of me and sitting next to me wagging its tail with it's tongue out.

"There's the brat, grab her!" The men come charging at me about to attack me when the beast stops them by protectively growling at them. "Woah there Zeus, Ajax wouldn't like this." The man raises his arms as if to surrender and comes closer to Zeus.

"Stay away! I know the truth now, my father created Zeus!" Someone behind us laughs and emerges from the bushes.

"Well, well Cassie you have it figured out." Ajax. "Yes, your father did create Zeus, thus why you are my real mate. Your father told me." I wonder if all those years with Ajax is what turned him into a turd.

"Liar, my dad would never leave a burden like this on me."

"I am not a burden to you!" He roars only for Zeus to reply with a snarl. "Oh, I see Zeus has come to a liking for you." He chuckles. "Waste of my time! At least he worked like I wanted him too, killed at least 20 pack members in a single minute." He didn't, please no. Please don't tell me my dad knew this is what Zeus was for. "Warriors, grab her!" Ajax says as he tackles Zeus to the ground and the men tackle me.

"Let me go!" I yell trying to be free of their grip. "Shane! Zeus!" I cry out as I see Ajax struggling with Zeus. Finally Ajax takes out a gun and shoots Zeus straight in the head. "NO!" I cry as Zeus's body hits the floor. "What did you do?!"

"Don't worry little Cassie, Zeus here is built like an immortal, that won't kill him. Men let's go before he awakes!" He yells as they all run towards their pack house. 'Oh Shane where are you? Please come save me, I need you, you promised.'

HEEEYY GUYS SO HOW'D YOU LIKE THE PLOT TWIST IN THE STORY, I KNOW IT'S SUCKY, BUT ENJOY PLEASEEEE. OH AND THE DESIGN CASSIE WAS TALKING ABOUT IS ON TOP. ALSO GLAD TO BE BACK LOVE YOU ALLLLLL

-M