Chapter 17: Goodbye Vamps

"Cassie wake up." Someone shakes my shoulders.

"Nah." I try to block them out.

"They left," One eye opens. "Henna and Ekko, they left." Now both eyes are open.

"Why would they leave?" I ask standing up.

"I have no idea, but they left a note." He hand me the paper.

Dear Dark Woods Pack,

 Henna and I have come across somewhat of a dilemma, and we have decided to leave the pack house to cease the packs endangerment and to obtain the proper help. It is undecided if we will return, but we will not speak of the location of your pack. Thank you for assisting us and we apologize for the pain we've caused Cassie and her mother.

Yours truly, Henna and Ekko.

"Wow, they left so soon." I say pretty surprised they left. "But then again she hurt my mom so I guess it's for the better."

"I supposed. By the way Oliver is still pretty pissed about that." Shane says scratching his head.

"Well so was I, but they're gone so it's fine. Also mom is doing way better than before, she's all hyper now."

"I know, Oliver doesn't know how to handle her." He chuckles and wraps his arms around me.

"I miss this." I say wrapping my arms around him and putting my head on his chest.

"Miss what?"

"Having alone time, it's all been crazy lately especially since a psychotic alpha is after me." I sigh.

"It'll all get better, I promise. Soon we'll have all the alone time you want." He smirks as his lips connect with mine. Right then and there I forget about everything, about the people dying, almost giving myself up to Ajax, Henna and Ekko leaving, Ajax possibly planning to destroy us. Right now I just want to be with Shane, the one I love.

"You seem to be making a lot of promises lately." I whisper against his lips.

"Shh, it's only been about two, but I plan on keeping them." He smiles.

"Are you sure."

"I promise, Cassie."

"You better." I put my lips on his once again. "We should have alone time more often."

"Mhm." He hums.

"Alpha!" A warrior barges in. "Oh, OH, i'm sorry."

"What?!" Shane growls.

"Ajax has made his move." He clearly states. "About 20 of his pack members including him are on the move here."

"Cassie, stay here and lock the door." He starts walking off.

"Yeah, because a freaking wooden door is going to stop a freaking lunatic WEREWOLF from coming in here!" I smack his head. "Think a little Shane."

"Sorry." He stares at me with awe. "Go to the basement, take your mom, there you will find a hidden door behind the stairs. The room itself is surrounded by wolfsbane so Ajax couldn't enter even if he tried."

"Be careful." I kiss his lips one more time. "Please come back to me." I hug him tightly.

"I promise, I'll always come to you." He kisses me one more time before sprinting off with the warrior. Alright time to find mom.

I run downstairs to see Oliver sprinting out.

"Oliver!" He turns towards me. "Where's mom."

"She's safe in my room."

"Idiot!" I smack his head. Are all guys in this house stupid?! "Give me the key to your room, a freaking door isn't going to keep her safe. I'm taking her downstairs." He hands me the key.

"Sorry, Luna. Keep her safe please Cassie."

"Of course I will." He hugs me and leaves. I run to Oliver's room and unlock the door.

"Mom!"

"Cassie?" My mom goes towards me as growls and snarls are heard from a distance.

"We have to go." I grab her hand leading her to the basement. I look for the door and reach the doorknob only to find it locked. "Stupid idiot forgot to give me the key!" I slap my forehead in shame. "Dammit Shane!"

"What's wrong?"

"Whats wrong? I got an idiot for a mate that's what is wrong!"

"Okay, Cassie calm down. Panicking won't help anything." She holds my arm.

"You're right." All of the sudden a strange menacing growl was hear upstairs followed by people yelling. "You're wrong!" The basement door was suddenly ripped open. Thunderous steps were coming towards us and I went in front of my mom even though she tried to shield me instead. The snarls came closer and I was face to face with a monster.

SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT GUYS!! BUT I'M BACK HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER!!

-M